Seriously now...

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved when Red Deer got a big snow dump, it all just accumulates in the downtown area and they don't seem to plow it. Shift into 4x4, BRAAAP, all the cars just spinning for the life of them, WHY CAN'T I GO DADDY?!?! Braaaap!! One blue chevy 2wd was sitting North on Gaetz, every time he went to go he would start spinning and sliding backwards, BRAAAAP!

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Ha ha a chick got stuck in front of me today in the Starbucks drive-thru...the girl working the window came out and pushed her...

then I pull up and of course I am all geared up in my FR winter gear...she looks at me like I should have gotten out and pushed! I looked at her and said hey, wheres my coffee? She wasnt amused...I honestly didnt know she was stuck till I saw the girl in the apron pushing...she was a good pusher...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Point was IF you had four wheel drive what the he** are you doing in two wheel drive. Seems to me to be a lot of money spent on that front end to not use it, not just for the convenience of going when you want to but also for the safety. I drove lots of two wheel drives when I was younger there are many ways to make them work if you want them to. He** I drove a 83 Trans Am with 50's on the back end for two winters, lot's of sandbags did the trick most of the time.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Point was IF you had four wheel drive what the he** are you doing in two wheel drive. Seems to me to be a lot of money spent on that front end to not use it, not just for the convenience of going when you want to but also for the safety. I drove lots of two wheel drives when I was younger there are many ways to make them work if you want them to. He** I drove a 83 Trans Am with 50's on the back end for two winters, lot's of sandbags did the trick most of the time.

Ya I dont get that at all...

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 ratchet straps crossed and wrapped around it

your ratchet straps will not hold the plate if you get hit hard or if you hit some one ... the plate will just cut straps... you would be better too bolt it down or not have it at all...

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya I dont get that at all...

4x4 doubles the fuel mileage sir.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4x4 doubles the fuel mileage sir.

I don't think your picking up what I'm laying down. I don't care of you have a two wheel drive or a four wheel drive, but IF you do have a four wheel drive then what is it doing with the front hubs disengaged in bad road conditions. Fuel mileage won't be effected that much by running your truck in 4wd or spinning the shi** out of your tires just trying to get somewhere. If you have a two wheel drive then a set of good winter tires and some weight in the back will work just fine. Oh and minivans are gay too... just pointing that out for good measure.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think your picking up what I'm laying down. I don't care of you have a two wheel drive or a four wheel drive, but IF you do have a four wheel drive then what is it doing with the front hubs disengaged in bad road conditions. Fuel mileage won't be effected that much by running your truck in 4wd or spinning the shi** out of your tires just trying to get somewhere. If you have a two wheel drive then a set of good winter tires and some weight in the back will work just fine. Oh and minivans are gay too... just pointing that out for good measure.

I'm just bust'n your balls, don't get all worked up and sweaty Forest Gump.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run my 4x4 jeep in 2wheel drive just to piss people off .... guess it's working :p

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bet Joey would have an opinion on this subject.....

Just sayin...

He's reading it, without a doubt. Laughing that each and every thread lately has at least one Joey reference. He'll always be the S&M mascot I guess.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good timing for this thread. Was having conversations about 4 x 4 and thoughts around it ealier today. Some guys run 4 x 4 all the time as long as roads are slick. Others say in and out as needed since it's hard on the system, poor mileage, wear on tires and so on. Some will run 4 x 4 on the highway others say no, no, no.

What's the general consensus? I know most trucks now a days are supposed to be set up so you can run 4 x 4 easily on the highways, and as long as road conditions are slick can stay in 4 x 4 all day long. Like mentioned, spinning will burn just as much fuel as running it in 4.

No one really ever gives a concrete answer to these thoughts. My friend and neighbour is in 4 x 4 all the time. I tend to be a more in and out of 4 kind of guy.

What say you??

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Good timing for this thread. Was having conversations about 4 x 4 and thoughts around it ealier today. Some guys run 4 x 4 all the time as long as roads are slick. Others say in and out as needed since it's hard on the system, poor mileage, wear on tires and so on. Some will run 4 x 4 on the highway others say no, no, no.

What's the general consensus? I now most trucks now a days are supposed to be set up so you can run 4 x 4 easily on the highways, and as long as road conditions are slick can stay in 4 x 4 all day long. Like mentioned, spinning will burn just as much fuel as running it in 4.

No one really ever gives a concrete answer to these thoughts. My friend and neighbour is in 4 x 4 all the time. I tend to be a more in and out of 4 kind of guy.

What say you??

For me, unless there are major dry patches I leave it in 4x4, hiway too...

Top Bottom