Seriously now...

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 wheel drive isn't about maintaining speed, it's about gaining traction, and actually it does help you to slow down if you know how to use it.

Helps to turn also in places like shopping mall parking lots, IF you know how to drive. And when i hear that if you use 4x4 cause you cant drive, i just laugh.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helps to turn also in places like shopping mall parking lots, IF you know how to drive. And when i hear that if you use 4x4 cause you cant drive, i just laugh.
in my longbox ext cab 2500, the turning radius increases in 4wd. turns a lot sharper in 2wd....i must be one of those that don't know how to drive....lol

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my longbox ext cab 2500, the turning radius increases in 4wd. turns a lot sharper in 2wd....i must be one of those that don't know how to drive....lol

I have read some of your post ,,, yep must be part of the "shouldnt winter drive crowd" :beer:

PS, yes it will increase if you dont to the stomp and brake stomp and brake....lmao

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your the guy who sits at the light spinning your tires to get going thinking your being cool cause you don't lock in your $8000 front end for some stupid reason then read and perform the act requested in the original post in this thread. Every time it snows I see 10 vehicles in the ditch belonging to people who thought they knew how to drive.

Go ahead... tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back... :d

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont need 4x4 but one thing that helps and I personnally wanna see this is it isnt a fawking fashion show out in the mountains get some good winter tires you guys with these big trucks wont even hesitate about putting on new mudders in the summer so what is the difference about people putting winter tires on??? I had some azz hat albertan in a new black cummins and black enclosed trailer damn near rear end me in golden what a surprise i found the truck at the golden rim that night and go figure summer all terrains on it! People quit skimpping out and put some good winter tires on your vehicles and quit whinning about oh they make my truck look bad well how good is that truck gonna look all smashed up!!! wish more people out there had more brains!!!!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your the guy who sits at the light spinning your tires to get going thinking your being cool cause you don't lock in your $8000 front end for some stupid reason then read and perform the act requested in the original post in this thread. Every time it snows I see 10 vehicles in the ditch belonging to people who thought they knew how to drive.

Maybe you didn't read my post. I was saying that there are people that don't have problems with 2wd trucks. You just have to always be thinking 1 step ahead of everyone else. In my opinion, it's the people with 4wd that have problems. Think their invincible and go speeding past. I've seen more lifted 4x4s in the ditch than anything else. Something to think about.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
monday morning there were 12 vehicles in the ditch on my commute.....

of the 12..... 7 of them were 4x4 trucks & SUV's,

Just sayin...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you didn't read my post. I was saying that there are people that don't have problems with 2wd trucks. You just have to always be thinking 1 step ahead of everyone else. In my opinion, it's the people with 4wd that have problems. Think their invincible and go speeding past. I've seen more lifted 4x4s in the ditch than anything else. Something to think about.

True enough, people do get overconfident with 4wd and like I said earlier 2wd driven properly are just fine. The point is if you got it then use it, don't polish up all the intersections and slow traffic down even further than what it already is. No reason for a 4wd to take 3 min to clear an intersection.

Mud Mum

Reaction score
Anywhere from 90 to a buck 20 , been doing it for 3 winters. When i have the trailer 90 to 109.

I'm new to the 4WD scenario. Someone told me to use it only when needed otherwise, leave it in 2. I also had someone say that you shouldn't use it when going over 70KMHh. If you're going faster than that, the roads are probably good enough to be in 2. Keep in mind, I'm driving a used 95 Pathfinder. Are older vehicles that much different that the wonderful new ones you guys drive?

Thanks
D

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
monday morning there were 12 vehicles in the ditch on my commute.....

of the 12..... 7 of them were 4x4 trucks & SUV's,

Just sayin...

I wonder how many weren't locked in? I passed 4 not one was 4wd, doesn't mean much. The original post was about spinning out at a stop light in 2wd when you have a 4wd not about maintaining traction at highway speeds. Somebody can start a different thread on that.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I wonder how many weren't locked in? I passed 4 not one was 4wd, doesn't mean much. The original post was about spinning out at a stop light in 2wd when you have a 4wd not about maintaining traction at highway speeds. Somebody can start a different thread on that.

I know but everytime we get a little further from the original topic your neck gets one shade redder.....

I'm waiting for the

"Orrin's leaving S&M because you fuggers can't keep on topic"

thread to pop up...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know but everytime we get a little further from the original topic your neck gets one shade redder.....

I'm waiting for the

"Orrin's leaving S&M because you fuggers can't keep on topic"

thread to pop up...

My neck is a permanent shade if bright red, and no I haven't been upset in the least about anything in this thread. Nobodies said anything other than their opinion, nothing wrong with that. Not planning on leaving but I'm thinking a name change is in order, I mean who uses their real name these days anyway? How about Red-neck-enough?

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the 4WD scenario. Someone told me to use it only when needed otherwise, leave it in 2. I also had someone say that you shouldn't use it when going over 70KMHh. If you're going faster than that, the roads are probably good enough to be in 2. Keep in mind, I'm driving a used 95 Pathfinder. Are older vehicles that much different that the wonderful new ones you guys drive?

Thanks
D

I have been told those things also, all i can say for sure is how i drive and that i have had no issues with my 4x4. The one thing i do not do , is either lock or unlock the 4x4 when doing over 75km/h

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Thanks
D

I had a 97 pathfinder and was told my Mills Nissan that I should only sheft from 2wd to 4wd in nuetral and that it is "BEST" to keep under 80 km/h in 4wd.

AWESOME rig though... I loved it...

You can find any answers you need here...
NPORA Forums

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i though snow and mud was the place to find all the answers to any question about life or life circumstances that you may have.

now i am all confused i dont know where to go for all my answers now.:confused::confused::confused:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on another note if i have a jeep cherokee which is all wheel drive. at what speed is it safe for me to shift into 4x4? i need to know cause once i find the switch i may want to shift it.
i will try to look in the manual for the switch location.

Top Bottom