Senate Vote

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing if the senate denied the request, Trudy‘s integrity would come into question -from his own party, and he would be on the bubble to be replaced. This way he ensures his status of being top Dick tator

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So if someone shoots you and says "I stopped" all is forgiven? Yes it's good he backed down and got rid of it, but it doesn't take away from the massive overreach of enacting it in the first place. I believe it was the Senate who forced his hand as many didn't want to pass it and he's likely backing down to save face.
I watched some of the Senator discussions on CPAC this morning. I did not hear one senator in favor of the emergency measures act while I listened.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
He sure made jagmeet look even worse tho thats the only good thing about the vote mon i imagine ndp will have lost alot of respect over there approval they had a chance to show some spine
Jagmeet must be getting lots of concessions from Trudope, that we don't see, to keep propping him up like he does. But then again, the NDP has to be broke from the last election.
Wouldn't it be nice if the NDP wouldn't get enough seats in the next election to not be an official party!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I watched some of the Senator discussions on CPAC this morning. I did not hear one senator in favor of the emergency measures act while I listened.
A couple of days ago, I posted about maybe the Senate having some common sense and that they wouldn't vote for the EMA. It is always nice to think they had a strong influence and the Turd had to make an uncomfortable move.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He sure made jagmeet look even worse tho thats the only good thing about the vote mon i imagine ndp will have lost alot of respect over there approval they had a chance to show some spine

And Jagmeet was just on the news a few hours ago defending the Emerg Act and saying there were trucks lined up outside Ottawa waiting to re-offend.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the system works then? how can he be an authoritarian dictator, when an independent body, has to approve what he's enacting? Yes, it was an overreach, but that is why we have the senate, the GG, and ultimately the courts, to limit the governments power and over reach

He was stopped AFTER bringing it in and using it for awhile, big difference then being stopped from ever bringing it in. I will say I am surprised, I figured the senate was in his back pocket and would go along.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

"I do not want to go down in history for approving this act as NDP members did last night in the other chamber, holding their nose as they did so. If it weren't for the NDP's nauseating complicity this would not even be here before us today."

He sure ripped Trudope. This is what I thought the majority of the Senate would do and feel like towards the "cottage coward".

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the system works then? how can he be an authoritarian dictator, when an independent body, has to approve what he's enacting? Yes, it was an overreach, but that is why we have the senate, the GG, and ultimately the courts, to limit the governments power and over reach
How can you possibly look at what has been happening for the past two years and come to the conclusion that the “system” works?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alberta senator Paula Simons tweeted today senate was likely going to block passage of the bill… dingle berries calls it before he’s made more an arse. Jugmeat seen putting cream on his chin where Trudeaus balls were smacking.

Top Bottom