SDI-premixing

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just so I'm clear, you don't want me to throw a little race fuel in your tank (for free) to see if it makes any difference at all...Hmmm...that seems strange...no problem...lol...
Reallya Tank 1000

:404:

:bandance:

NOPE!!! :D:D:D DON'T NEED IT... FAST ENOUGH ALREADY.... ANY MORE, AND I'D HAVE A TURBO......... LOL

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I had a egt guage I would try it, just to see, but I dont really think it is necessary.Right Toy

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Now that's just double talk...good thing everything is recorded on this site...Don't Need It....lol...

You can just remain in your little dream world...Don"t Need It....Bhaaaaa...

Summitric said:
Originally Posted by Summitric
THE OCTANE BOOSTER ALSO HAS LUBRICANTS IN IT, THAT'S WHY I LIKE RUNNING IT..... JUST A LITTLE ADDED INSURANCE.... WILL HAVE TO TRY SOME RACE GAS SOME DAY, BUT DON'T THINK IT WILL HELP MUCH. THE RACE FUEL WON'T BE AVAILABLE AFTER JAN 1/09 ANYWAY!!!

NOPE!!! :D:D:D DON'T NEED IT... FAST ENOUGH ALREADY.... ANY MORE, AND I'D HAVE A TURBO......... LOL

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just booked our crew rooms in McBride for the March 15th weekend. Book up the Bunny crew; and then we'll have to line up the 1 litres and see which color is faster.:PDT_gun: I'm sure Gordie has room in his pockets for some more of SBR's $$$$.:eek::D:D

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:SBRs??? OH OH Sounds bad. Might need some octane to cool some heads too.:beerchug:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I just booked our crew rooms in McBride for the March 15th weekend. Book up the Bunny crew; and then we'll have to line up the 1 litres and see which color is faster.:PDT_gun: I'm sure Gordie has room in his pockets for some more of SBR's $$$$.:eek::D:D

WHERE DID YA BOOK?? I MIGHT BOOK TOO(SINCE THEY EXCLUDED ME FROM ANOTHER RIDE.... SUMTHIN' ABOUT MEXICO GETTIN' IN THE WAY), AND I WILL BRING MY KIDS ON THEIR OWN SLEDS..... I LIKE THE BELL CAUSE ITS VERY CHEAP, BUT MIGHT TALK TO BBTOYS AND SEE WHAT HE HAS??

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We doo the NCL for this trip every spring. There was only 1 suite left, so we grabbed that and a couple of doubles. We have a couple of guys coming from SK and MB on this ride, plus a couple of mountain virgins.:eek: I'd like to try Barry's place out sometime.....but this trip we usually end up with guys joining right to the last day, so it's kinda nice to get everyone together at the same place. We had one day last year that was kinda like your Sunday at Mountain Mania.;):D

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
when I rebuilt my engine on my 1000 I phoned and asked at quite a few of the dealers about adding some oil in the fuel for break-in as the first dealer told me not to and I thought he was full of it, I recieved pretty much a unanimous answer from other dealers that this is a bad thing to do on the sdi's as oil can actually plug injectors, apperantly this plugging of injectors can have the opposite effect of what you are trying to accomplish by causing the cylinder with the affected injector to lean out wich gets you a not so enjoyable job of rebuilding the top end. take it from me as I just did it. I just sold my 1000 so don't have to worry anymore.

The lessons I have learned,

if it says run 92 octane run 92 octane! by upping octane levels you can actually decrease horsepower as octane is a fuels resistance to burn, therefore if the octane level is higher it will burn later in the stroke wich could give an incomplete burn. performance parts are an exception to this if you add compression or forced induction you should add octane, ie:heads, turbo

install a fuel gauge on the 1000's it is cheap insurance when a fuel pump fails.

if the fuel pump fails you can get basically the same one at napa for $20 and it won't quit rather than the $150 one from doo

EGT's are really cheap insurance! a couple hundo for digatrons are cheaper than a top end!

I have owned a 1000, rebuilt a 1000 and I am a liscenced mechanic (heavy duty but it is still pretty relevant) so I am not just talking out of my ass, but this is just my two cents.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Lets be clear, it wasn't only my money he took, there were a lot of guys that nice grandfatherly figure fleeced into thinking he had no idea how to play Texas Hold 'Em. Yep, table had what, 8-10 guys and there were 3 of us still playing.
See in the photo he doesn't look like a gun sling'n card play'n swindler...does he.

Attachments

• Gord.jpg
    Gord.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 83

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets be clear, it wasn't only my money he took, there were a lot of guys that nice grandfatherly figure fleeced into thinking he had no idea how to play Texas Hold 'Em. Yep, table had what, 8-10 guys and there were 3 of us still playing.
See in the photo he doesn't look like a gun sling'n card play'n swindler...does he.

But our "sleddin' dad" paid mine and Dave's buy-ins so he was just filling chairs so he could swoop in like Robin Hood and relieve you guys of your riches.:lol:

Washy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some talk on the mach z dootalk site about adding oil to the fuel as additional insurance against the injectors washing too much oil off the pistons and causing premature piston failure.

This was on early 05 models that had this problem, they were running so rich it was washing the oil off the pistons. If you have an updated program. 07 seemed to be the best then do not mix oil in the fuel.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all for replying to this thread and any future replys are certainly welcome. I think for myself I will do as dieselmech 22 suggests as I agree with his philosify also. If it says 92 then 92 it is period.

Top Bottom