scrambler just clicks when try to start?????

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 scrambler and recently the starter wont work, when I try to start all it does is click, the click seems to be coming from the magnetic swith that is mounted on the side of the battery box. I have already tried a new one but it didnt change anythng. The battery is new and I am hoping somebody has an idea as to what the problem could be. When I pull start it it starts great but just the click from the key.

Any ideas???:confused:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
try to get to the starter and give it some light encouragement with a hammer or screwdriver, starter is probably stuck.... quite common on these machines.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup click the starter and tap it with a hammer. if it tries to turn over.. then its sticking the contacts are probably rusted in place it happens alot on these po po starters i fixed my sisters and the new starter did the same thing a couple months later.

in my opinion the best thing to do is take it apart get it working clean dry the thing and silicone anywhere moisture can get in.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turn the key on and jump the 2 posts on the starter selenoid (that's the doomahickey bolted to the side of the battery box) with a screwdriver. If it starts, then chances are the selenoid is shot.

Top Bottom