Save our sledding areas. BCSF Needs our help.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make it a sticky, keep this thread on top

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
As GoFundMe takes 2.9% of money collected for their service if you would like to make a large donation please contact the office directly office@bcsf.org[FONT=Lato, Arial, sans-serif] to make payment arrangements.[/FONT]

After I read the article with this little gem in it, I decided I would send my donation directly to the BCSF at
Box 277, Keremeos, BC V0X 1N0.

Increased the total by another $200. Since I haven't needed to buy a belt on any of G4's, I thought I could help the cause by that much!

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didnt avalanche Canada get big money from the government this year ?
u would think they would pitch in ?
Or is there info just for ski yuppys with choppers

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didnt avalanche Canada get big money from the government this year ?
u would think they would pitch in ?
Or is there info just for ski yuppys with choppers
Current BC, Alberta and federal governments don't try and save land for motorized backcountry users unfortunately.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
As GoFundMe takes 2.9% of money collected for their service if you would like to make a large donation please contact the office directly office@bcsf.org[FONT=Lato, Arial, sans-serif] to make payment arrangements.[/FONT]

After I read the article with this little gem in it, I decided I would send my donation directly to the BCSF at

Increased the total by another $200. Since I haven't needed to buy a belt on any of G4's, I thought I could help the cause by that much!

On this it’s not is says that when donating, you have a choice if you want to donate to go fund me.

craggar2011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not into sledding and don't quad in BC but I believe in what you guys are trying to do so I did donate. I hope I'm wrong but unfortunately I don't see the governments of Ab. or BC losing these battles.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As GoFundMe takes 2.9% of money collected for their service if you would like to make a large donation please contact the office directly office@bcsf.org to make payment arrangements.

In all fairness, I do believe that is to cover a credit card transaction cost. I could be wrong though.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This doesn't seem to draw the attention/cash as many other GoFundMe events do. Are sledders/outdoor enthusiasts that laid back?

I wonder if every club and every member got a newsletter laying out the problem and the objectives. To me, it is a no brainer and that should have reached the goal in no time.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This doesn't seem to draw the attention/cash as many other GoFundMe events do. Are sledders/outdoor enthusiasts that laid back?

I wonder if every club and every member got a newsletter laying out the problem and the objectives. To me, it is a no brainer and that should have reached the goal in no time.
Yeah I don't get it.

Seems pretty tough to get people to part with a $100.

Only 107 people have donated.

When I look through the list alot of big names off of here are missing...........

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is it on Facebook, Instagram or other social media sites? What about Sled clubs, are they promoting it to their members? I haven't seen anything from either BC sled club or AB sled clubs that I belong to.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't get it.

Seems pretty tough to get people to part with a $100.

Only 107 people have donated.

When I look through the list alot of big names off of here are missing...........
There is something called the human condition out there. Let everyone else do the heavy lifting, goal is reached and I get the benefit of the result without doing the work or donating. I see it a lot in small communities. People will take a holiday when a big event is scheduled then come back after it’s over and act all “oh our community raised this much for this cause” without themselves lifting a finger.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is something called the human condition out there. Let everyone else do the heavy lifting, goal is reached and I get the benefit of the result without doing the work or donating. I see it a lot in small communities. People will take a holiday when a big event is scheduled then come back after it’s over and act all “oh our community raised this much for this cause” without themselves lifting a finger.

I refer to it as "STP", Same Ten People.

Top Bottom