Saturday Onoway area ride.....

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
prety amazing fellow... and a hell of a nice guy... he's a welcome member of the regular crew....

I appologize to the guys who we never met up with... my estimation on time to get to the esso was WAY off..in fact we never made it that far...

Was a blast...very cool to meet/see everyone...

Hey Ron.... we need a separate section for "Parkland area" on here.....NW alberta is too large an area there are LOTs of us right in this little 40 x 40 km area....

Greater Beach Corner Area (GBCA)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thought i seen ure stuck kitty in the pictures :)

No... Not stuck. I was being a show-off and rubber banded off the side. Rode it outta there, but not before Bogger caught me on film. That's karma feeding me humble pie I guess.

BTW.... WTF Bogger?!? I put on a frickin' carving and jumping clinic yesterday, rode my Bettie a$$ off and that's the only picture you could find? Sheesh...

PS- I'm still smiling from yesterday. We went today around Winfield area and the snow was sticky and heavy. Nothing like yesterday's powderfest ....

Beaver

Reaction score
No... Not stuck. I was being a show-off and rubber banded off the side. Rode it outta there, but not before Bogger caught me on film. That's karma feeding me humble pie I guess.

BTW.... WTF Bogger?!? I put on a frickin' carving and jumping clinic yesterday, rode my Bettie a$$ off and that's the only picture you could find? Sheesh...

PS- I'm still smiling from yesterday. We went today around Winfield area and the snow was sticky and heavy. Nothing like yesterday's powderfest ....

Frick did u ever,If i rode as hard u did id be in a full body cast in ICU with a double dose of demeral just to numd the pain from my sore muscles!!!!!! I was so sore yesterday I could hardly walk just doin the ridin i did:crutch::yikes:stretcher::I would Like to meet the person who started the Rumor....Golden Years(50's)I'd set him strait !!It was great meeting all u folks who just had names before.and i had a blast!!As of right now I cannot say I would love to do it again soon,but I'm sure by this wed I will be able to say it.Thanks again.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Frick did u ever,If i rode as hard u did id be in a full body cast in ICU with a double dose of demeral just to numd the pain from my sore muscles!!!!!! I was so sore yesterday I could hardly walk just doin the ridin i did:crutch::yikes:stretcher::I would Like to meet the person who started the Rumor....Golden Years(50's)I'd set him strait !!It was great meeting all u folks who just had names before.and i had a blast!!As of right now I cannot say I would love to do it again soon,but I'm sure by this wed I will be able to say it.Thanks again.

I have to say that I am pretty sore today, especially after riding again yesterday. I have blisters on my hands that are complaining mightily and the bruises are starting to appear on my legs in all sorts of pretty colors. I definitely feel 90 years old:( Its funny I never feel any of that when I am riding, but can't stop feeling it today...

I will be ready for Wednesday- but will the snow be ready for Wednesday !?! It's disappearing pretty quickly :nono:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Looks like I didnèt miss much by working...waaaaay too much snow around here for my likeing.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Looks like I didnèt miss much by working...waaaaay too much snow around here for my likeing.

you would have just ened up tired and sore like the rest of us....sooooooo not worth it...

I tried again on sunday to see if it would be any better... but no dice still just as much powder and even more work due to the wet and sticky....

In fact your LUCKY you had to work.... that 500 indy would have raped you and left you crying...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep gotta gree sat. was awesome for ridin. wifey has a few pics of our ride. i buried the ole 670 the trench was chest deep. awesome. buried the kids 583 actually just rolled it over to get it unstuck. and the wife ........well she got the poo stuck a few times.:rolleyes:
would of been great to hook up with all yous but the daughter was gettin scared by the hills at trailseekers so i am sure ditches would have been out of the question.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
yep gotta gree sat. was awesome for ridin. wifey has a few pics of our ride. i buried the ole 670 the trench was chest deep. awesome. buried the kids 583 actually just rolled it over to get it unstuck. and the wife ........well she got the poo stuck a few times.:rolleyes:
would of been great to hook up with all yous but the daughter was gettin scared by the hills at trailseekers so i am sure ditches would have been out of the question.

we only made it 9km from home before some of the group was ready to head back... she would not have been the only one a little intimidated....only it wasn't hills it was sheer volume of snow...

We went back on the trails behind racetrac yesterday and I burried my sled to about 6ft..... took the sled to sled bungie and pulling on the ski after 20 mins of digging to free it from it's white grave.... some of those drifts are 8-10 feet deep....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we only made it 9km from home before some of the group was ready to head back... she would not have been the only one a little intimidated....only it wasn't hills it was sheer volume of snow...

We went back on the trails behind racetrac yesterday and I burried my sled to about 6ft..... took the sled to sled bungie and pulling on the ski after 20 mins of digging to free it from it's white grave.... some of those drifts are 8-10 feet deep....

lots of untouched at the range found lots of fields without a track. my trench i got stuck in was 4ft+ and was nowhere near even the edge of the hill yet:eek:
most of the fields if you went off the trail was 2 1/2 ft min in the flat area and anywhere there was a hill there was a drift.:d
big thanks to the guys with the snow bungie. might have been diggin for a while without you 2.:eek:

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
prety amazing fellow... and a hell of a nice guy... he's a welcome member of the regular crew....

I appologize to the guys who we never met up with... my estimation on time to get to the esso was WAY off..in fact we never made it that far...

Was a blast...very cool to meet/see everyone...

Hey Ron.... we need a separate section for "Parkland area" on here.....NW alberta is too large an area there are LOTs of us right in this little 40 x 40 km area....

no worries man. i originally thought we missed you guys, but after a while my buddy and i started to head toward the sturgeon and didn't see too many tracks. we figured with such a large group it would be a slow ride for you guys. we wound up heading up the sturgeon toward the lake and hit some of our regular spots which were surprisingly fresh and deep. then i spent the rest of the day pulling short track / fan cooled sleds off the lake because they were caught in the 6-8" of top water. turned out to be a pretty interesting day for us too.

Top Bottom