Red Deer area pop up tents?

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning I am looking to borrow some pop up tents or find a larger 20x20 event tent to us for a week. I found out Monday that a good friend of mine who is also my ex boss has lost his second son to suicide in less than 8 years. I cant even image the devastation that has caused. They have a large family and friends have already started visiting his acreage to pay there respects. The weather is suppose to be rainy this weekend and I would like to find some tents to set up around yard to keep people out of his house and garage. If any members around Red Deer have access to tents and could lend them to me I would take them out and set them up on Friday. I priced out renting one but with my employment ending June 30 I cant afford to do that. I have reached out to the city of Red Deer parks and recreation and the fire department aswell but thought I would check with fellow SnowandMudders aswell. Thank You
CATMAN16
Jason Rhodes

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Good morning I am looking to borrow some pop up tents or find a larger 20x20 event tent to us for a week. I found out Monday that a good friend of mine who is also my ex boss has lost his second son to suicide in less than 8 years. I cant even image the devastation that has caused. They have a large family and friends have already started visiting his acreage to pay there respects. The weather is suppose to be rainy this weekend and I would like to find some tents to set up around yard to keep people out of his house and garage. If any members around Red Deer have access to tents and could lend them to me I would take them out and set them up on Friday. I priced out renting one but with my employment ending June 30 I cant afford to do that. I have reached out to the city of Red Deer parks and recreation and the fire department aswell but thought I would check with fellow SnowandMudders aswell. Thank You
CATMAN16
Jason Rhodes

you could try reaching out to your local ATV dealers and see if they would be willing to step up and loan you some of their tents.

Uncle Weiners in Edmonton has some cheap large tents for sale as well.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terrible situation but its friends like you that help people get through it. Condolences.

CATMAN16
Jason Rhodes

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure if you end up having to rent one, there are some guys on here that would be willing to donate to the situation. We (S&M Members) may not have a tent, but I'm sure many of us would donate a few bucks to help cover the cost

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure if you end up having to rent one, there are some guys on here that would be willing to donate to the situation. We (S&M Members) may not have a tent, but I'm sure many of us would donate a few bucks to help cover the cost
I am actually thinking about auctioning off my Enticer Larry 1978 enticer 340 and donated the proceeds to the family. I will start a different thread though. Niner would get first dibs since I bought it from him.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good morning the family has released the obituary so I will share the link incase any members are friends or family.

https://www.womboldfuneralhomes.com/obituary/Stephon-Fontaine

Del and Gail Fontaine opened Valley Performance in Drayton Valley in 1995-1996. I meet Del when I started working for Otatco Inc in June of 1996 and worked with him until August of 2018 when I left Nelgar Services. I have know Stepon since he was a year old and he was a great kid. The loss of his brother Dylan in 2012 was something he never recovered from. This is another tradgic loss for a family that are the nices people that I have meet in my life.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Del hooked me on mountain sledding and was a big influence on me since college.

Top Bottom