Rzr turbo vs. Maverick turbo

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you start defending a product that is currently killing people that want to have fun what do you expect? I agree with the fact that the machine is awesome when everything is working well. But when things go wrong it isn't good. Breaking parts is one thing but people are being burnt alive just riding down the trail. Yes there have been cases of can am fires but if that is your defense for Polaris it isn't a good one. Maybe I should buy one thinking about it. I could get a new machine every year when the old one burns up lol. I agree with the cat option too.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think machines such as the turbo rzr and which ever can-am's that are fire starter's should be investigated to cause and solutions prior to release for public use. People can get hurt by there own driving miscalculations so poor engineering does not need to be thrown into the equation. Getting back to the orginal dirt trax comparison it would be nice if they did test's after a year of driving the machines and letting you know what issues each machine has with reliability and safety.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to so much defend polaris, my problem and the only reason I am posting anything is the fact that the same chit gets posted over and over and over by people that read a few things and know zero facts. yes they catch fire yes people got hurt yes mistakes were made, its a horrible thing. but no one knows the whole story. gets annoying when you post a video and the same people that have posted on every thread that mentions a rzr, posts the same chit again. after that i was just stirring the pot you know maybe annoy the annoying ones.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If some one disagrees with you it's not sideways ...lol
we all have a right to our opinion ....wether you like it or not is up to you ..
Cheers , ride safe !

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not trying to so much defend polaris, my problem and the only reason I am posting anything is the fact that the same chit gets posted over and over and over by people that read a few things and know zero facts. yes they catch fire yes people got hurt yes mistakes were made, its a horrible thing. but no one knows the whole story. gets annoying when you post a video and the same people that have posted on every thread that mentions a rzr, posts the same chit again. after that i was just stirring the pot you know maybe annoy the annoying ones.
Might want to put a stop read on it then after two posts ... Just sayin .

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole point is ....are you ready for this .... Some companies do more R&D and are better at eliminating first year issues than others....
yeah I know , it's sounds just plain crazy ....ehhhh

Cough , Bullshyyt ,cough. They've all had their phukkups, there isn't one of them thats been immune. Different years, different models, all had their turn. To suggest any one of them is extra virtuous or has an extra feeling of customer over profit, you gotta be on crack. You're lucky, this time, so maybe enjoy it more and be a little more gracious and try and show a bit more empathy towards the unlucky ones, cause you appear to be beating this drum with pleasure.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you read my posts I am the one saying it sucks for the people caught up in this ...
but the FACT is this is the first time this has happened in the utv industry in such a large manner . The original post was a comparison of the two machines ,so I would say this is pretty relevant . I have owned both brands ( mutiple machines ) still own both so I am speaking from personnel experience , not hearsay ... Still own a machine from each company , do you ??
Or is it just " what you've heard ...lol

When I buy a 30000$ toy , you bet I expect some r&d , god dam rights I do ....

Of course they have all had issues , well dahhh!
How they handle them and move forward concerns me more than a few issues ...

If you honestly believe every company building something has exactly the same customer service policy and quality of product , I will not waste anymore time discussing this with you...
What would the point be ?? Lmao...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the stop ride thing is bs, never heard that one before.

Cant ride it, can't fix it and good luck selling it, got to be

a piss off.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the stop ride thing is bs, never heard that one before.

Cant ride it, can't fix it and good luck selling it, got to be

a piss off.

I think Polaris had a stop riding thing on there dragon sleds. The engine would stop and there for no riding lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that is funny. Two new machines coming to market right away that should do well. I want to get my hands in both and really test them out. Would I buy one? Not a chance. Maybe in the second year. I would only consider it if the dealer was great before, during and after the sale. The price was good and not 30,000 plus for a stock machine otd. And if my current machine burnt, stolen etc and I needed a new one right away. First year machine is a huge risk.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Polaris had a stop riding thing on there dragon sleds. The engine would stop and there for no riding lol

Oh I know how reliable the dragon was, had 2 of them.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that is funny. Two new machines coming to market right away that should do well. I want to get my hands in both and really test them out. Would I buy one? Not a chance. Maybe in the second year. I would only consider it if the dealer was great before, during and after the sale. The price was good and not 30,000 plus for a stock machine otd. And if my current machine burnt, stolen etc and I needed a new one right away. First year machine is a huge risk.

I would purchase a 1 st year machine.

Why not take a chance.

And pin it

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canam has basically used the same engine & drive train since 06 with minor changes .... So no such thing as a first year model really .... In power train terms . The x3 wil be the first ( new ) change up it sounds like ...
and they have been building turbo rotax motors for a long time ....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canam has basically used the same engine & drive train since 06 with minor changes .... So no such thing as a first year model really .... In power train terms . The x3 wil be the first ( new ) change up it sounds like ...
and they have been building turbo rotax motors for a long time ....

I don't know about turbos but they been supercharging the rotax for along time in the seadoos. But it's pretty much the same idea both forced air

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 2007 dragon 700 great tuff sled just do not 800 to the dragon name and you would get home every night.

I had 800's...lol On a different note, I really miss the 700cc class sleds, the 700's just seemed to work really good to me.

More responsive than an 800.

:beer:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think the Sparks are turbos ....
not much issue with the rotax engines , it's transaxle and diffs and axles that need attention... On all brands ..lol
But people push them harder than ever ....too

Top Bottom