Rzr turbo vs. Maverick turbo

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All that complaining about "value for the money" but they forgot to mention the free campfire starter kit that comes with the rzr!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not bad review I dont think anyway, seems pretty honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wtx4AzfqKRc
I enjoy these dirt trax reviews they seem to take pride in being truthful but one review that both their subsidiary snowtrax used to do and either american snowmobiler or snow tech does is a one year review as well. Which means we would find out what breaks after consumer abuse or just poor engineering.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All that complaining about "value for the money" but they forgot to mention the free campfire starter kit that comes with the rzr!
that looks more like a forest fire starter. What parts actually start these fires? i have heard a few things but what is the real engineering issue that causes this to happen. i know there was a stop ride safety notice. What was the fix?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no fix for the turbo rzr yet .... They are working on it . In the meantime , park it , pay for it and let your warranty run out ....and don't bother trying to sell it !
This has got to catch up to popo one day ... I like there stuff when it's working , but the last couple of years the bean counters have rushed stuff to market way before it was properly tested...! As well as cutting too many corners with cheap Chinese parts & wear items ... IMO
The older Rzrs and quads were good to me , but the 2nd gen. machines are just not made good enough ,anymore.... Kinda sad .

My turbo Mav has had 0 issues with 30 inch tires since new ... And it puts a lot of power to the ground ... Not one problem in 900 k of tough trails ....

The new Mav X3 will most likly make mine and the rzr turbo ( if they ever sort it out) irrelevant in terms of performance, in any case ....
Bang for the buck , the Xds is a hell of a machine .... IMO.

Last edited:

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no fix for the turbo rzr yet .... They are working on it . In the meantime , park it , pay for it and let your warranty run out ....and don't bother trying to sell it !
This has got to catch up to popo one day ... I like there stuff when it's working , but the last couple of years the bean counters have rushed stuff to market way before it was properly tested...! As well as cutting too many corners with cheap Chinese parts & wear items ... IMO
The older Rzrs and quads were good to me , but the 2nd gen. machines are just not made good enough ,anymore.... Kinda sad .

My turbo Mav has had 0 issues with 30 inch tires since new ... And it puts a lot of power to the ground ... Not one problem in 900 k of tough trails ....

The new Mav X3 will most likly make mine and the rzr turbo ( if they ever sort it out) irrelevant in terms of performance, in any case ....
Bang for the buck , the Xds is a hell of a machine .... IMO.
there is definitely going to be another hp war in the turbo market. I did find out what the issues are with the 2016 rzr turbo's. Just wondering what you consider to be older rzr's and poo quads?? I have 2011 sportsman 850 xp and have no issues with it and had a 2004 sportsman 800 and the 2011 has been better to me although I am more up on the maintenance then the 2004 which I bought slightly used so it may have been bagged.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is definitely going to be another hp war in the turbo market. I did find out what the issues are with the 2016 rzr turbo's. Just wondering what you consider to be older rzr's and poo quads?? I have 2011 sportsman 850 xp and have no issues with it and had a 2004 sportsman 800 and the 2011 has been better to me although I am more up on the maintenance then the 2004 which I bought slightly used so it may have been bagged.
I would say 08 to 10 were real good . 11 to 14 years were alright ,but cheaper axles ( bad axles) were introduced in 2011 .. And bearings etc etc.....
The new generation Rzrs 570/900 /1000 etc as well as rangers all have the piss poor reverse chain and cheap transmission bearings & issues that go along with that ... As well as the brutal stock axles....!
The turbo rzr has a gear driven reverse , which helps but it comes with a heap of clutch and overheating / safety issues ....
I have owned multiple popo quads ( still have scrammy 1000) and three Rzrs ... The best of the bunch was a 2010 rzr s , it was awesome & bulletproof....
Stock axles on it were crazy good ! The next year 2011 , the axles went to crap ( small CVs , poor shafts ) and you could not lift them more than two inchs without snapping the crappy axles ..

If a person checks Polaris stock prices ... The competition is having an effect on them . The functionality of popo quads / SXS are great , if only they would stop cutting corners on cost of components and test the new machines more diligently, rather than recall after recall after recall...
140000rzrs is a lot of recalls ...!!!

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would say 08 to 10 were real good . 11 to 14 years were alright ,but cheaper axles ( bad axles) were introduced in 2011 .. And bearings etc etc.....
The new generation Rzrs 570/900 /1000 etc as well as rangers all have the piss poor reverse chain and cheap transmission bearings & issues that go along with that ... As well as the brutal stock axles....!
The turbo rzr has a gear driven reverse , which helps but it comes with a heap of clutch and overheating / safety issues ....
I have owned multiple popo quads ( still have scrammy 1000) and three Rzrs ... The best of the bunch was a 2010 rzr s , it was awesome & bulletproof....
Stock axles on it were crazy good ! The next year 2011 , the axles went to crap ( small CVs , poor shafts ) and you could not lift them more than two inchs without snapping the crappy axles ..

If a person checks Polaris stock prices ... The competition is having an effect on them . The functionality of popo quads / SXS are great , if only they would stop cutting corners on cost of components and test the new machines more diligently, rather than recall after recall after recall...
140000rzrs is a lot of recalls ...!!!
it must be about profit's unless the quality of part's starts impacting both sales and warranty labor costs. I can't r recall when I did this but I did compare BRP's stock price to Polaris then compared it to the previous year of each companies and BRP actually dropped more at that time but each of these companies have multiple products in different season's. I did break an axle on my 850 but so did another big bore of a different brand. I would have changed my axles to after market but the dealer just replaced it with stock without consulting me.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the duel precision axles in my scrammy 1000 , great axle / no issues and a great warranty and price !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that looks more like a forest fire starter. What parts actually start these fires? i have heard a few things but what is the real engineering issue that causes this to happen. i know there was a stop ride safety notice. What was the fix?
like stated no fix yet, heard it was from possible overheat issue, my guess would be it overheats coolant sprays everywhere and hits the almost red hot turbo and tada you have fire. The fix will probably be a ecu reprogram and more shielding to prevent this, better cooling fan strategy and earlier engine fail safe limp mode at high temps.

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like stated no fix yet, heard it was from possible overheat issue, my guess would be it overheats coolant sprays everywhere and hits the almost red hot turbo and tada you have fire. The fix will probably be a ecu reprogram and more shielding to prevent this, better cooling fan strategy and earlier engine fail safe limp mode at high temps.

From what I've been reading on the RZR forms its apparently issues with the oil lines on the turbo. Drain line can come loose and cause fires. Also more heat shielding has to be installed and the ECU reflashed because they run so hot. Seems Polaris is really rushing things to market without proper testing. They just had a big recall on the 900/1000's as well.

Bad voltage regulators, out of phase drive shafts, clutch issues, front diff issues, overheating the list goes on and on, although Can Am are also having issues with their XMR ATV's this year as well. So no brand is perfect.

Motors these days are leaned out so far by the factories to meet EPA regulations its no wonder there are issues. When someone looks at a bike and says "nice led underglow kit" and you reply that you don't have one and thats just the headers that are bright orange, IMO thats a problem.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I've been reading on the RZR forms its apparently issues with the oil lines on the turbo. Drain line can come loose and cause fires. Also more heat shielding has to be installed and the ECU reflashed because they run so hot. Seems Polaris is really rushing things to market without proper testing. They just had a big recall on the 900/1000's as well.

Bad voltage regulators, out of phase drive shafts, clutch issues, front diff issues, overheating the list goes on and on, although Can Am are also having issues with their XMR ATV's this year as well. So no brand is perfect.

Motors these days are leaned out so far by the factories to meet EPA regulations its no wonder there are issues. When someone looks at a bike and says "nice led underglow kit" and you reply that you don't have one and thats just the headers that are bright orange, IMO thats a problem.
Polaris seems to be determined to have the largest selection of a variety of new models and as rzrgade mentioned before going to cheaper parts suppliers and having problems that were not on previous model years. Without a doubt when manufacture's have a goal to have to have the most power in each segment meeting EPA and desired performance is an issue. I am just curious I know BRP builds certain products in Mexico. Does anyone know which one's?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything is rushed out these days. I have never seen as many recalls on vehicle as we do now-a-days it seems every vehicle released has some sort of recall.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spy pic of testing 17 turbo rzr .....
e0755a6e5a8fe653d2cd3469ca513fcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamStorm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris seems to be determined to have the largest selection of a variety of new models and as rzrgade mentioned before going to cheaper parts suppliers and having problems that were not on previous model years. Without a doubt when manufacture's have a goal to have to have the most power in each segment meeting EPA and desired performance is an issue. I am just curious I know BRP builds certain products in Mexico. Does anyone know which one's?

All of BRP's ATV/UTV (CAN-AM) and their engines are assembled in Mexico. Been that way since 04 or 05 I believe. Only Sea-Doo and Ski-Doo are still manufactured in Quebec. Not sure about Spyders.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2006 was the last year for dirt toys in Canada , that's when the outlanders were renamed canam from Bombardier . My old 2006 outy is a bombardier . Now we have mexico buggys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got around 1,700 miles on my RZR 1000 and have not had one issue that isn't self inflicted. Stuff that I've broke though, that's a different story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that may be true there are a huge # of Rzrs with multiple issues , enough to have recalled over 130000 units ....
No company does that unless they absolutely have to , not to mention all the STOP RIDE/ SALE orders ....!

The past couple of years of cutting corners is catching up
to them .... Great machine though if you have no issues ....imo

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that may be true there are a huge # of Rzrs with multiple issues , enough to have recalled over 130000 units ....
No company does that unless they absolutely have to , not to mention all the STOP RIDE/ SALE orders ....!

The past couple of years of cutting corners is catching up
to them .... Great machine though if you have no issues ....imo

Holy we get it, WE ALL KNOW THERE IS A STOP RIDE.

Top Bottom