Running boards.

skidplate

Reaction score
Any recommendations for some decent running boards for 2006 Summit? I've got a KKR snowboard rack on the back of it so I don't think I want to go with a full board replacement. Has anyone had any experience with Monster Boards from XXXMods? Are they worth the cash?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for some decent running boards for 2006 Summit? I've got a KKR snowboard rack on the back of it so I don't think I want to go with a full board replacement. Has anyone had any experience with Monster Boards from XXXMods? Are they worth the cash?
Yes well worth the money........ Wished I had them sooner

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's good to know. Thanks.
How were they to put on?

XXX Modrod boards are awesome!

A bit of cutting is needed to be done. We used a die grinder, file, and a jigsaw with a metal blade. Fit the boards where you want them and mark where you need to cut out and get after it. It looks a little choppy from underneath doing it this way but you retain a little more strength by not cutting all of the stock board out like some people like to do.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Better Boards on my 06 rev, they fit great and a lot less snow sticks to the powder coat.
The one issue I had was the factory extrusions, one had a slight crack in it so we welded up the crack and used them anyway.
After a few rides the sweep in the boards was back, I ordered new "Cat" extrusions and switched them out. (Thanks Cuso) Two years since then, boards are still straight and very firm. I got the 2010 extrusions they are a very soild design.
P8281131.jpg

I just got lucky with the way this all came together, Better board overlaps the extrution very slightly which made for an extremley riged running board. Put extrusion on first, unless you want to doo it twice like I did.
P8281141.jpg

Stock extrusion oval in shape and only one structure. (weak)
P8281143.jpg
2010+ cat extrusion square construction and two structures.(strong)

I can't say that better boards are best, but for this model of sled this combo works very well.:D

I found it very scary taking the plasma cutter to my sled, but it all went well and I will doo it to my next sled for sure.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the one thing is the modrods boards come up the side of the tunnel with more bracing.... and almost right at the foot well the grips are tapered a bit more than the others [ so ur foot don't get stuck ]

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Better Boards on my 06 rev, they fit great and a lot less snow sticks to the powder coat.
The one issue I had was the factory extrusions, one had a slight crack in it so we welded up the crack and used them anyway.
After a few rides the sweep in the boards was back, I ordered new "Cat" extrusions and switched them out. (Thanks Cuso) Two years since then, boards are still straight and very firm. I got the 2010 extrusions they are a very soild design.
View attachment 108895

I just got lucky with the way this all came together, Better board overlaps the extrution very slightly which made for an extremley riged running board. Put extrusion on first, unless you want to doo it twice like I did.
View attachment 108896

Stock extrusion oval in shape and only one structure. (weak)
View attachment 108897
2010+ cat extrusion square construction and two structures.(strong)

I can't say that better boards are best, but for this model of sled this combo works very well.:D

I found it very scary taking the plasma cutter to my sled, but it all went well and I will doo it to my next sled for sure.

What year of AC board edges did you get? I need to do mine but want the ones that extend up to the tunnel. I was thinking '09 HCR maybe??

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We are Skinz dealers, have you considered Skinz running boards? Skinz put alot of thought into manufacturing and designing these running boards they are ergonomically designed to allow a natural foot position. The last thing anyone wants while out on a trip is a foot being caught up resulting in a broken ankle or worse. They have been doing product testing on these boards for the past year and felt they have finally got it to a point where it is ready to be put on the market. The slats are running at a 45 degree angle from the tunnel to allow for maximum amount of snow off the boards while at the same time allowing as much of your boot as possible to be in contact with the slats when your foot is in a forward position. The slats are angled out back to front, when riding in the wrong foot forward position your natural foot position is toe in towards the tunnel, the slat spacing like this will prevent your foot rolling into the gaps. You will notice that alot of boards on the market have the slats running at a 90 degree angle out from the tunnel the 45 degree angle dramatically cuts down the chance of a boot slipping into the gap. Their is a 2 inch gap between each slat. It is a fine line between allowing alot of snow off the boards while maintaining the structural integrity of the board and keeping the riders foot in a safe position.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are Skinz dealers, have you considered Skinz running boards? Skinz put alot of thought into manufacturing and designing these running boards they are ergonomically designed to allow a natural foot position. The last thing anyone wants while out on a trip is a foot being caught up resulting in a broken ankle or worse. They have been doing product testing on these boards for the past year and felt they have finally got it to a point where it is ready to be put on the market. The slats are running at a 45 degree angle from the tunnel to allow for maximum amount of snow off the boards while at the same time allowing as much of your boot as possible to be in contact with the slats when your foot is in a forward position. The slats are angled out back to front, when riding in the wrong foot forward position your natural foot position is toe in towards the tunnel, the slat spacing like this will prevent your foot rolling into the gaps. You will notice that alot of boards on the market have the slats running at a 90 degree angle out from the tunnel the 45 degree angle dramatically cuts down the chance of a boot slipping into the gap. Their is a 2 inch gap between each slat. It is a fine line between allowing alot of snow off the boards while maintaining the structural integrity of the board and keeping the riders foot in a safe position.

have u seen the monster boards??????? and i don't see rev's even listed??????? they look cool tho

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh i went to the website and only seen xp , yamasqua , chittykitty, po po... no skidoo rev listed...

and i already have modrods monter's..... and at 450 ish thats 3 times the monster boards... i'm good thanks

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a set of Snow Eliminators on My 09 Dragon. They work great. Snow never gets caught. Lots of support and your feet stay planted. Good for people who hop around alot from side to side, You can concentrate more on riding and not wondering if your feet are gonna fall off.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
huh i went to the website and only seen xp , yamasqua , chittykitty, po po... no skidoo rev listed...

and i already have modrods monter's..... and at 450 ish thats 3 times the monster boards... i'm good thanks

Sometimes that's the advantage of being a dealer we have some "insider" information that isn't up on the site yet!

Take care

Jan

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can we get some pics of the Skinz boards for the Rev? I would like to see what makes a board twice the cost of everything else out there worth the money.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
by the looks of the skins, its a full replacement board vs a cut and add insert from the other guys. Im looking at boards too, but recently talk to a guy who tried to talk me out of it because to much snow comes up through. he was also very bias as he wanted me to buy his tunel and boards together. but no im not spending that kinds of money

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also noted with my monster boards sometimes [ on the trail going moch chicken with scraters down ] i get hit with chunks through the boards .... i couldn't imagin if there was more holes and bigger ones..... like the pics of the xp's from skiz... sorry they are just not for me

Top Bottom