Ruby Falls

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this is not going to help but had to share. A friend took these in october.
Nice pics of Ruby falls though.

Attachments

• Ruby Falls 1.jpg
    Ruby Falls 1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 219
  • Ruby Falls 2.jpg
    Ruby Falls 2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 218

Zipp

Reaction score
I love that place. Just about killed my quad in a mud hole there once though. Good times.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost lost my Outlander in that hole also, wish I would had been to falls one day earlier as the Jeeps were in there, I would have liked to see them in that hole. Met up with the Jeeps at end of the first day they were buried at the log bridge near the beginning of the trail, was about 3 hours until they were unstuck:d:d:d Awesomeriding around Ruby

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was a great ride into the Falls yesterday! As usual we took the Pembina River road in but at about km mark 66 the road in was too much for our truck and trailer so we decided to stage there. As we stopped we noticed a weird thing on the road, it was a small ice fishing shack and an old fashion wood sleigh in front of it. Check it out but didn't think much of it. So we took off and after about 20 min we come across a guy walking down the middle of the road. We stopped to talk to him and found out that he had come out there the day before for some hunting but his truck had blown its transmission and he had spent the night in his truck waiting for someone to come by. I guess he decided to try his luck and walk out. We took him back to where we staged and then drove him into Robb and dropped him off at the gas station - he was very grateful we came by and as it turned out it was his fishing hut on the road that he had left there to help direct anyone looking for him.

We set out again from the truck on the road, it was hard work breaking trail on the road as the snow was about a foot deep so we all took turns. Another group of guys from Hinton came by at about 1/2 way from where we parked the trucks to the staging area and proceeded to break trail the rest of the way in - it was appreciated that they took their turn. We got to the staging area and proceeded in on the trail. The trail was good, a lot smoother in the winter time than the summer but once on the creek the ice there was not near as good as we have seen in past years. At about 2/3 the way to the falls we were traveling on the frozen creek for a short distance, I was following one of my buddies, and broke thru the ice - you know one of those sudden stops that the machine makes but your body does not - no major injuries but it sure woke me up. I wave to my buddy ahead of me as I am in a hole about 2' deep with no trees near by and as he was turning around he broke thru in a similarly deep hole, I looked back to the other 2 in our group to find one of those 2 in the same situation. Luckily our buddy in the Rhino was avoiding the ice at all costs and proceeded to pull us all out. After a short break the buddy in the Rhino found he had a CV boot issue so they decided to head back early as it was getting late but one of the other guys and I went on to the falls.

We made it to the falls without any major issues and then had a really great run back as the trails were much better packed down and we made some really good time. We made it back to the Ruby Falls campsite in about an hour and proceeded to do the next 26 to 28 km on the road which again we made good time on. Just as we turned the last corner we saw our other 2 buddies just pulling up to the truck. As we got there we realized why it took them so long as there is a tow rope on one of the Renegades pulling the Rhino! I guess the Rhino had an issue about 10 km back and ended up having to get towed. We decided that we would winch the Rhino into the trailer and as we were moving the Renegade out of the way that had towed the Rhino the right front tire wouldn't move - we think it blew the CV joint, lucky that he made it there.

So after loading everything up we headed into Edson for dinner then home - all in all a great day riding.

Jeepindg

Reaction score
Good to hear, Ruby creek is a fun trail, Ive run it wiith both Quads and Jeep's and the big mudhole everyone talks about used to be a big waterhole about 40-45 inches deep till the AOHVA did the responsible thing and drained it ---- unless you were swimming you never could take a quad threw it--it was over the handlebars. Ive pulled many trucks and quads out of it, as-well as a good buddy of mine drove a full sise 84 Jeep cherokee into it and sucked the auto tranny full of water and mud end of year for him :-(

Again Im glad you found ruby falls -----Did you take the fork in the trail to ruby Lake?? then continue out threw the nomad creek trail? --- when it is wet Nomad is a floating swamp and can be VERY nasty and fun if you like it dirty.

(About 3/4 way to the falls you cross the creek and your riding near the right side (North) of the valley and just as you start to follow creek and wind threw the trees there is a straight trail up the hill hedding due west---this one takes you to ruby lake ----- very pictureesque)
then trail continues on to west-north-west to nomad creek trail

Remember tread lightly, and pack out what you pack in to keep these areas open to us all to recreate on. and have a safe trip.

Jeepin DG

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
This hole?

I have to find the pic we have of this hole, with way more water in it and a hung up Rubicon and a 75 year old man trying to keep it from tipping over. Luckily for us a guy was standing on the trail waiting for his buddies to catch up, he happened to have hipwadders on and hooked us up. Gotta find the pic.

Attachments

• AR006702 (640x480).jpg
    AR006702 (640x480).jpg
    86 KB · Views: 113
  • AR006802 (640x480).jpg
    AR006802 (640x480).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 105
  • AR006902 (640x480).jpg
    AR006902 (640x480).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 103
  • AR007002 (640x480).jpg
    AR007002 (640x480).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 105

any1butjj

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
funny, this image that i posted in the worst stuck thread is at the same hole!

Attachments

• 3251d1202953129-worst-stuck-pics-388.jpg
    3251d1202953129-worst-stuck-pics-388.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 105

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats one of the best rides a person an go on.,.love the rippin in the shallow water.cools ya off but sure is bumpy..^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:d:beer:

Top Bottom