Ruby Falls / Cadomin conditions..

sledhead99

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has any current conditions on Cadomin / Ruby Falls etc. We have a trip planned to stay at whitehorse creek campground this weekend but it looks like the conditions may be bad due to flooding. We are trying to decide if it would be worth the trip or not. I hear that the road to the campground was washed out on the weekend.

Also, is there any way to Ruby Falls with the current conditions? We have only been there late in the season when the creeks are low.

Thanks in advance.

- Sledhead99

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
water is real high and fast moving right now impossible to get across

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to Watson Creek not sure how much riding we will get in but from what I am hearing Grave Flats is impossible to get at right now. I hear that there are trails more to the north of Cadomin

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was out there 3 days ago...rivers were very high and fast.
river cadinal rd from ruby falls crossing towards cadomin was washed out in 3 places...we crossed thru the smaller creeks to only do the box canyon run
pembina road was good...hauled my 32 ft toyhauler out of there on sunday with no problems...still tons of snow up there ...might leave river very high for awhile..we never even thought of crossing it..it would rise 2 ft with the rain..it was crazy

gofast89

Reaction score
headin out thursday just wondering how the past weekend was? what the road like to town from hinton? and is a guy still allowed to camp on the old airstrip outside town or no?

gladerunner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
headin out thursday just wondering how the past weekend was? what the road like to town from hinton? and is a guy still allowed to camp on the old airstrip outside town or no?

was out there on the long w-end...all was good ...no washouts on roads...crossing rivers was fine...did the swinging bridge,ruby falls and crystal falls runs..all good!!!!

have fun...i sure did!!!!!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
was out there on the long w-end...all was good ...no washouts on roads...crossing rivers was fine...did the swinging bridge,ruby falls and crystal falls runs..all good!!!!

have fun...i sure did!!!!!

We were there too, and you did not stop in to say hello. Where were you camped ?. We were at the very first camp(in trees) on the PR road just after you cross the tiny creek and before the "Y" in the road. 2 truck campers, one motorhome and one pull trailer.
Conditions are just fine. No trouble at all.

Top Bottom