Rooster kit

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dammit I never even thought that removing my snowflap would give me more track speed, recover rpms and track speed quicker when cycling the throttle, AND lower belt temps, while taking advantage of using taller gearing.
Man was I wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dammit I never even thought that removing my snowflap would give me more track speed, recover rpms and track speed quicker when cycling the throttle, AND lower belt temps, while taking advantage of using taller gearing.
Man was I wrong.

its ok. we all learn something every day. lmao

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So,who do i go with,lol.....

if i had the $ i would get deans kit. nice local guy. support local. never heard any complaints about his stuff. i never had any luck with the rooster kit. but thats just me. dean tests in our riding areas also. bikeman steep and deep kit is another one that ive had. hard to say what was making the difference the extra 10hp, clutch kit or 3" track on that sled but i iked the way the throttle reacted with that kit.

Last edited:

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i had the $ i would get deans kit. nice local guy. support local. never heard any complaints about his stuff. i never had any luck with the rooster kit. but thats just me. dean tests in our riding areas also. bikeman steep and deep kit is another one that ive had. hard to say what was making the difference the extra 10hp, clutch kit or 3" track on that sled but i iked the way the throttle reacted with that kit.

X2 for Deano

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

etecheaven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered up the rooster kit for my new xm, I think ill run it stock for the trip and then install the kit to see the gains. Might be hard to tell until the sled comes out of break in mode.

cheers

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely wait till your etecs are out of break in as they will not pull any additional weight or gearing in break in mode.

Deano

Last edited:

Nagzs

Reaction score
Is it bad to put on before they are out of break in mode? Or are you just say wont see any gains until out of break in mode?
Thanks
Defiantly wait till your etecs are out of break in as they will not pull any additional weight or gearing in break in mode.

Deano

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With a etec they act differently while in break in, hesitate, pop, backfire. It's good to get to know your sleds running habits before changing anything.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They do act differently but most of all you'll be down on power do to the fact they are over fueled and over oiled through break in so you will be light on pin weight to make top rpm until break in is over then you will be to light and be on the rev limiter once break in is finished. I also recommend changing spark plugs after break in is through. I know brp says you dont need to but the plugs are pretty gross with carbon after break in.

Deano

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as break in, on the 11's there was a noticable difference as it progressed through the break in program. On the 12 and 13 there was very little change. Not enough to worry about from what I experienced. We are talking less than a clicker position. It mainly became more responsive and gained about 200rpm over about 250-300 miles.

There are many ways to properly clutch a sled, no one setup is superior to all others, they are all just different. There are also many riders who are better off with stock clutching....and the stock etec clutching is a decent all around setup as long as you stick with the tractor gearing.

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 for Deano

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

X3 for Deano. Had a dynamo Joe kit, and it was good, but Deano 's kit allowed for taller gearing, more consistent rpms regardless of snow conditions, and even smoother, more consistent power, right from a dead stop to top speed.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like track speed and lots of it, there is alot more sled IMO than what they send out from factory with some very simple clutching and gearing changes. Please dont be offended by this but half way between clickers or a change of 200 rpm can be the difference between a well tuned sled and a poorly tuned sled especially on a tra clutch when clicker position determines ramp angle which has a huge effect on the way the clutch shifts. We did 2 etecs straight out of the box last year clutched, geared, can one 154" on 163" both sleds after break in and a plug change required an additional 2.5 grams of weight on clicker one to get the rpm back down.

Deano

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clicker1 at Edmonton Elevation I hope. I've changed plugs on my etec thinking that the extra oil on breakin was hurting the plugs. Waste of money IMO, no change in the sled at all!
My 2013 ran perfect right out of the box right through to the end of breakin. No real change in the sled and stayed on the same clicker, with the stock clutching. My 2011 cleaned up a bit after breakin.

Last edited:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caper Im only telling you guys what we have seen with our eyes not trying to say anybody is wrong.

Deano

rotormech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Deano you should come to gp for a weekend with a truck load of kits,and a enclosed trailer and do installs

Top Bottom