Rk tek

05765scott

Reaction score
Hello just wanted to know anyone have any luck with torsonial secondary on a m8. Have a 901 bb on a 163 just wanna know is it worth the cash or just keep the stock 36 on. Thanks for your knowledge

bigdog67

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed one of these on my sled and IMHO found instant improvement on the hole shot and the back shift. Only problem I've had was in the belt change. I watched Glenn at Spin Drift do it, but I guess the clutch is smarter than me cause I still ,after three years, haven't mastered it.

orange stealth

Reaction score
The belt change is super easy. Instead of fighting with opening your clutch just take secondary clutch bolt out and pop clutch off, change belt and pop clutch back on. I've been doing that for 3 tears now. Works like a charm.

All I ever hear is BRAAAP PSSS!!!

crossfire879

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a hard time changing belts with my rk tek too. I used to take the clutch off but now I just push in on the helix with one hand and turn the sheave with the other. Thread the belt deflector in while the clutch is open and it will hold it open. When the new belt is on just thread it back to where it was. Super easy.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember to take that plastic collar out that's from the stock set up. I forgot to do that and never had not top speed. Oops lol!

05765scott

Reaction score
The plastic piece your talking about it the white one that the parts page calls a spacer? It mounts on the stationary sheave of the secondary? Do all the new kits come with the aluminum adjuster to set the deflection? Can I use the stock set up to set deflection? Sorry for the questions, I had the kit on sled last year for one trip but tool off to narrow down some issues sled was having now I can't remember where I put all the parts

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I think I know what your talking about, your talking about the thin peace that goes in-between the helix and the shiv? I left that part in. This is a plastic collar that goes on the shaft it's self. I think it's just there so the stock spring don't hit the shaft. It just sits around the shaft and slides. Take that part out lol or your sled will only go 55-60mph.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I have been playing with the rk tek now for a trip or two and I am now experimenting with different springs because so far this kit is absolutely not better than the setup I am running. It does backshift slightly better than mine but it has not gained me any of the trackspeed that is claimed. I will say that it is slightly better than a stock setup but it is not hard to beat that with a good variable helix and a spring. This is my opinion only and I will repost after this weekend with my new spring setup that is supposed to make this kit work, I am doubtful though and would not spend your cash on this kit.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put an RK kit on the old ladys M7 with a 10.4 secondary. Thing seems to shift up nice and backshift well to hold rpm. The complaint i have is that i cant get it to clutch break at all. Its like a bobsled going downhill. Anyone have any thoughts on improving clutch breaking? I have the tried the spring tension on a couple settings from middle to all the way out, didnt make any differance though.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been playing with the rk tek now for a trip or two and I am now experimenting with different springs because so far this kit is absolutely not better than the setup I am running. It does backshift slightly better than mine but it has not gained me any of the trackspeed that is claimed. I will say that it is slightly better than a stock setup but it is not hard to beat that with a good variable helix and a spring. This is my opinion only and I will repost after this weekend with my new spring setup that is supposed to make this kit work, I am doubtful though and would not spend your cash on this kit.

been waiting to hear what your testing showed. If not much difference, I'm looking for the best set up you guys have found to date, mainly on the secondary. I've got the primary pretty well dialed, it will hold 7450 rpm on any hill consistently. It will rev out and then slowly backshift at cruising speed with lite load (on the trail), but it takes a few moments as the RPM drops (maybe 10-20 seconds). I know its a function of throttle and how I'm riding it so I'm not that worried about it, it works well on the hills and backshifts fine, but was looking to see if there was an improvement on the stock set up that would give a little more aggressive backshift.

Let me know what you guys are running or what part #'s I should be ordering.

Thanks.

Top Bottom