Riding on the Blindman

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple notes on the Blindman....

Lots of traffic over the past few days & a bit scary on some of the corners. Some of the guys out there are going to cause a wreck. Won't let my kids on the river unless I'm leading - too many on the wrong side and drifting at full throttle around the corners.

If I'm on the river and meet you, look for hand signals, I'm not giving you the finger, but just indicating how many sleds / quads are behind me. Would be great if everyone else would do the same.

If anyone needs a staging area or wants and Emergency stop location West of blackfalds for the future, send me a P.M. Always happy to help.

Enjoy everyone.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple notes on the Blindman....

Lots of traffic over the past few days & a bit scary on some of the corners. Some of the guys out there are going to cause a wreck. Won't let my kids on the river unless I'm leading - too many on the wrong side and drifting at full throttle around the corners.

If I'm on the river and meet you, look for hand signals, I'm not giving you the finger, but just indicating how many sleds / quads are behind me. Would be great if everyone else would do the same.

If anyone needs a staging area or wants and Emergency stop location West of blackfalds for the future, send me a P.M. Always happy to help.

Enjoy everyone.

That's a great point. We've had lots of close calls in the corners over the years. Right now is especially dangerous as there's only one track down the middle. The snow is deep and soft, and the ice is still iffy once you get off the beaten track. We broke through quite a few times yesterday, so we didn't stray too far off the main track.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We want to go Saturday or Sunday ..................

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. I have no idea what the work schedule is going to look like, but I'd be up for a rip anytime I'm home.

Leave garage open and beer in fridge. We will be there...........This weekend coming up..

J/K ing we have beer

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff... I live right next to blindman river between Red Deer and Blackfalds you r more than welcome to stage from my place. If DaveB and I don't head to Revy for weekend I'm sure we join u for a ride. (Just an option for ya).

Leave garage open and beer in fridge. We will be there...........This weekend coming up..

J/K ing we have beer

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

J/K ing we have beer

I have to run to Ft Mac on Friday to do an audit inspection...shouldn't be there for much more than an hour, but you know how that goes. Weather looks good for the weekend, should be good.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arff... I live right next to blindman river between Red Deer and Blackfalds you r more than welcome to stage from my place. If DaveB and I don't head to Revy for weekend I'm sure we join u for a ride. (Just an option for ya).

Tell Dave to get that beast dialed in! :d

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im in for a ride , not sure what days off I have with new job though

Jimbow007

Reaction score
Who's going to ride tomorrow? Think we are going to take off for the 2A tomorrow and head to Bentley.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode the "Battle River" yesterday ......3 1/2 hrs ..a little cool but still a great day for a ride !!

Rode the "Blindman" today .......awesome sunny weather and good riding .... about 3 1/2 hrs again today !!

Both river still solid ,with only a few open spots !!! Nothing really bad or dangerous .....just have to pay attention...especially on the "Blindman" ...LOTS of traffic !!

wolverine68

Reaction score
Anyone have any updates on the condition of the Blindman river? Is there a good spot to stage from on the north end?

Last edited:

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still solid at my place, but water started to run over top of ice at a few spots. Always open areas, so be careful.
I'm straight west of Blackfalds & some stage at the Bridge right on Aspelund. How far North do you want to be?

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There the old campsite right on Hwy 2a, just south of Blackfalls. Usually enough room to park there !!!

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep.....took 8 guys almost an hour to pull my wife's sled out of the blindman the other day....the ice sucks. I've been riding the blindman for a lot of years, and I've never seen so much open water this time of year. Not a real big deal on a sled, but I wouldn't touch it with tires.

Top Bottom