Riding In Stony Plain

Reddragon816

Reaction score
I was recently told that there are some trails in or around Stony Plain. Can anyone give me some information on how to get there, where to stage and what kind of terrain it is? Any info would help. Thanks.

11moose

Reaction score
You can head west down the railway tracks, theres a few mud holes and hills to play on. Just watch out for the CN workers, they dont like you riding along the tracks.

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
RIDING IN STONY SUCKS
sry to say it just is there is no where to go, we are cop infested and they hate ATV'ers in the ditch
you can come here id suggest goin else where theres maybe a few hrs of trailes here no mud what so ever cause its way to dry

whopper809

Reaction score
First off your allowed to ride in the Parkland county (Stony Plain area) if your quad or bike is insured and registered, and your riding in the ditches following the rules the county has. The riding is all mud. I know theres a place called Hells half acre that people go but it's somewhere closer to Alberta Beach. The rest of the riding is ditches and if your not fimiliar with the area you can find yourself trespassing pretty fast.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f26/quading-hells-half-acre-14617.html

Go west on Hwy 16, turn north on Hwy 43. Travel till you see the sigh for alberta beach. Go west on that road to I believe it RR30 or maybe RR33, there is a cutline or old grown in road there.You will see all the tracks, you will know it when you see it Take that trail north. I believe its called Hells Half Acre to the locals. It is pretty juicy in there. There is private land back in there, so be sure to mind your tracks and watch for signs... Have fun......

Bambino

Reaction score
RIDING IN STONY SUCKS
sry to say it just is there is no where to go, we are cop infested and they hate ATV'ers in the ditch
you can come here id suggest goin else where theres maybe a few hrs of trailes here no mud what so ever cause its way to dry

They don't hate ATV s in the ditch.Like Whopper809 said, insurance and registration and you are good to go, and there is lots of mud you just have to know where.... I do;):d

Reddragon816

Reaction score
THanks for the advice and info. But it doesn't sound to promising. Ditches are alright but can get boring after some time. Anything else near edmonton besides red water or bruderheim?

yzgirl09

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Range Road 24, it comes to a dead end once you turn right off 16/16A, to the left there's a barbed wire fence..you can open the gate and go through it and drive down the little trail ..it will open up into a big field and the trails continue on from there...I love dirtbiking there, go almost every week, not too big but perfect for going for evening rides during the week or something. :)

58buick

Reaction score
First off your allowed to ride in the Parkland county (Stony Plain area) if your quad or bike is insured and registered, and your riding in the ditches following the rules the county has. The riding is all mud. I know theres a place called Hells half acre that people go but it's somewhere closer to Alberta Beach. The rest of the riding is ditches and if your not fimiliar with the area you can find yourself trespassing pretty fast.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f26/quading-hells-half-acre-14617.html

Go west on Hwy 16, turn north on Hwy 43. Travel till you see the sigh for alberta beach. Go west on that road to I believe it RR30 or maybe RR33, there is a cutline or old grown in road there.You will see all the tracks, you will know it when you see it Take that trail north. I believe its called Hells Half Acre to the locals. It is pretty juicy in there. There is private land back in there, so be sure to mind your tracks and watch for signs... Have fun......

So ya its rr30, That will take you a ways north but then you'll have to turn around and go back. If you head south on rr30 about 8km after it turns to pavment, on the left there is a turnout for staging, lots and i mean lots of good trails in there have fun

Top Bottom