Riding areas close to calg?

topsecret

Reaction score
I just moved here from lloyd in november, looking for some places to rip around on my yammi yzf450! Any input would be great!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just moved here from lloyd in november, looking for some places to rip around on my yammi yzf450! Any input would be great!

quad or bike,, the bitch at Pro Am corected me when I tried ordering a BEARING,,, quote : "well the bike we go by YZ450F and the quads are YZF450's ok" I hung up on that lady..

DO NOT DEAL AT PRO AM they are not good people...they wont even refund my money for the bearing,,

Bike we have a wild rose right in town,, quad/bike Mclean creek for sure bout an hour from the south,, or waiprous area bout 1.15 from nw.. waiprous has so much terrain all the way up to sundre.... 1.5 hours sundre rocky mountain house area its endless have fun

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
p.s. I just got back into biking yz250F if its a bike Im down for some day rides!!!!~

topsecret

Reaction score
Its a bike, I always thought the yzf450 was the bike and 450f was the quad?! I have never done any kind of track riding, just trails, so I would be looking for similar!

Bushwagon

Reaction score
Check out the Rocky Mountain Dirt Riders - Home of Off-Road Calgary site, they are the local off road dirt bike club. An awesome bunch of guys. The best riding area close to Calgary is Mclean Creek, near Bragg Creek SW of the city. RMDRA membership also comes with a full map with named and marked dirt bike trails. You can also check out the SRD site here:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alot of riding by Waiparous, I haven't been to McLean creek yet. Sundre area is nice as well.

Last edited:

nd4spd

Reaction score
Indian Graves out past Longview on 22 is a great place to go as well; trucks aren't allowed out there and there are lots of good trails. Mclean Creek is good as well and nice and close to Calgary; they have bike specific trails out there

Top Bottom