Revelstoke area updates 2017/18

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So did anyone ride this weekend to give an update or did everyone just sit in the hotel and read the thread about decks and 4 places?
How's sale and keystone shaping up? Anyone been down to area 51?

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Boulder on Friday. 6" of fresh on top of a hard crust. Guessing you would have to drive to km 25 on 51 to get near the snow line. they also had the same heavy rain up top.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yesterday it was good up high, could see **** though
Puking snow 60mph wind

IMG_20171126_155214_512.jpg

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
The Yamacam was running all last weekend but we are continuing to have problems with storing power, we are working on this. We are not grooming through the wk. until there is something to groom.

The trucking co. is continuing to haul sand while there is no snow on rd. Use a radio or travel with a vehicle that does. Use extreme caution on rd.

......and RCFC will be logging up Keystone until the end of Jan. Road will be plowed in 2 wks. through end of Jan. Hauling during the week and maintenance on the wknds. They said there will be no room for big trailers.

Last edited:

mlins18

Reaction score
The Yamacam was running all last weekend but we are continuing to have problems with storing power, we are working on this. We are not grooming through the wk. until there is something to groom.

The trucking co. is continuing to haul sand while there is no snow on rd. Use a radio or travel with a vehicle that does. Use extreme caution on rd.

......and RCFC will be logging up Keystone until the end of Jan. Road will be plowed in 2 wks. through end of Jan. Hauling during the week and maintenance on the wknds. They said there will be no room for big trailers.
Will they be allowing trucks to park on the highway at the normal staging area? Will they be allowing sleds up the road while they are logging mid week? Also are they logging out of Joss this year again?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will they be allowing trucks to park on the highway at the normal staging area? Will they be allowing sleds up the road while they are logging mid week? Also are they logging out of Joss this year again?
Ummmmm, joss isn't really a revy area

So the club probably has no idea about logging

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ummmmm, joss isn't really a revy area

So the club probably has no idea about logging

http://revelstokesnowmobileclub.com/wap-lake-road/

LOL Really? Where's the border crossing to get into Sicamous Terrritory? Do I need a passport to ride in their mountains?

I believe the club has talked in the past about making Griffin their third managed and groomed area.

To answer his question. I have a buddy that is working plowing the Wap lake road this winter. Not sure how far or which roads he's plowing but they are working up there this year.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://revelstokesnowmobileclub.com/wap-lake-road/

LOL Really? Where's the border crossing to get into Sicamous Terrritory? Do I need a passport to ride in their mountains?

I believe the club has talked in the past about making Griffin their third managed and groomed area.

To answer his question. I have a buddy that is working plowing the Wap lake road this winter. Not sure how far or which roads he's plowing but they are working up there this year.
Lol really, I never said it was sicamous either eh

Yes I looked before I posted and seen that wap lake road as griffin -joss - begbe

But not really revys areas persay, as they are not groomed, collected ect, nor do I see a mapped area for joss in revys website, unlike sale -keystone-boulder-frisby

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol really, I never said it was sicamous either eh

Yes I looked before I posted and seen that wap lake road as griffin -joss - begbe

But not really revys areas persay, as they are not groomed, collected ect, nor do I see a mapped area for joss in revys website, unlike sale -keystone-boulder-frisby

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
You can not park on hwy and ride up a plowed forest service road it is illegal. Sounds like they will try to work with us and are saying no big trailers, to me that is a trailer you can hand balm if needed. If there is a problem then you would see Keystone closed to sledding till they are finished logging. The RSC has promoted Joss/Griffin for a long time and yes the club applied 3 yrs. ago to manage the area. We also applied for agreements on Turtle, Hall and Sale.

Top Bottom