Revelstoke area updates 2017/18

hardass

Reaction score
well when i was up there this last june i lost my footing while helping a guy out and ripped my shoulder up just got it put back together oct 27 two of the four tendens wer pulled off the bone and by the time of surgey they were receeded by 7 cms along with some other stuff so no sledding for me this season you guys and gals all have a blast and try to be safe.

knocksum

Reaction score
Anyone riding from the parking lots? Or wake up early and ride the frozen mud?

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ouch.....
well when i was up there this last june i lost my footing while helping a guy out and ripped my shoulder up just got it put back together oct 27 two of the four tendens wer pulled off the bone and by the time of surgey they were receeded by 7 cms along with some other stuff so no sledding for me this season you guys and gals all have a blast and try to be safe.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure it was you I read about on the thread from last year... rest up and hopefully see you out there next year and you're all healed up by then.

Thanks for saving more snow for us this year!

JBrodziak

Reaction score
ISO Anybody in the revelstoke area with a Ski doo Linq snowboard rack willing to let me borrow for a day or two ! Pay yah cash , beer , whatever it is . asking cause I forgot mine for the trip . Text me @ 780-614-1212 MUCHLY APPRECIATED

vapours

Reaction score
make sure to specify which rack there is one for the XM and on for the Gen4. I would but I won't be in Golden till the weekend.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Anyone ride boulder Frisby today what the snow like past the trail

Need a refresh.

Weather is not cooperating.

Keytsone, Frisby, Sale are awesome right now.... Get it while you can before the closures take effect on the 1st of January at 12;01..

Check in with the O Zone.....He is an area expert for freshy and wild rides

Last edited:

Flyer

Reaction score
Can`t answer that one. Can tell you that if your planning in riding Boulder this wknd. and hauling a big trailer you are parking at 4 km lot on Kirkup and riding 1 km of dirt to get on snow.
Truck/decks and small open trailers are parking up Kirkup to 5 km. or up Bezanson trail. Turn arounds are limited.
At Frisby everyone is parking at 3 km. gravel pit and snow is closer. Snow fell up top this wk. but not at lower elevations.
The RSC is grooming again for the wknd. and staff will be asking to see your membership or selling you a $25 daily pass. Debit and credit is available at trailhead booths.

A plane went down in the Revelstoke area last Sun. and has not been found. Last ping was Mt. Revelstoke. Friends are asking for all riders to keep an eye open for anything of importance and to report to Revelstoke RCMP immediately.

I logged in tonight specifically to see if this was being discussed. I'm glad it got a mention. The airplane will likely be difficult to spot by now. It's possible someone will spot some freshly broken off trees or signs of a recent fire. Weather was low on the day of the accident and I'm guessing this pilot was below the cloud layer. He nor his airplane were equipped for flight in or above the clouds, though he may have tried. I don't think he'll be found at a high elevation. If he took a wrong turn, he'll be in a drainage. Watch the creek beds you may be travelling in this winter. It was mentioned that the last cell phone tower that his phone connected to was the one on Fidelity Mountain. He didn't make it to Rogers Pass tower. He may have turned back toward Revelstoke. I don't fly this terrain much in winter, but have been through there frequently in summer.

Can anyone comment on some of the areas areas that are snowmobile accessible and are plausible crash sites?

I didnt know these aviators, but for the sake of their families I hope they're found sooner than later.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out last friday sat, and Sunday, the search and rescue chopper flying all days above us looking for plane, we were back in Boulder across the ridge to behind turbo, very foggy and blizzard few days, Sunday better.. Good luck on finding them, we seen nothing

powder puff.. I stoped each day at the fancy new building to get a yearly pass, each day was early morning to get a decent parking at km 4, and each day your bright red sign said open, each day door was locked, no one there... Your window teller said she/he could not do anything and save tags and recites, and take back there another time.. And will be put towards year membership.. Please remember on next trip..:D

crazy to see how some of these guys with decks on are parking in big lots, no considerations for trailers, and literally park in centre of everything.. So no one can get around them, parking efficient of lot is instantly gone.. Think ahead, most do a great job, but only takes a few to wreck it

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out last friday sat, and Sunday, the search and rescue chopper flying all days above us looking for plane, we were back in Boulder across the ridge to behind turbo, very foggy and blizzard few days, Sunday better.. Good luck on finding them, we seen nothing

powder puff.. I stoped each day at the fancy new building to get a yearly pass, each day was early morning to get a decent parking at km 4, and each day your bright red sign said open, each day door was locked, no one there... Your window teller said she/he could not do anything and save tags and recites, and take back there another time.. And will be put towards year membership.. Please remember on next trip..:D

crazy to see how some of these guys with decks on are parking in big lots, no considerations for trailers, and literally park in centre of everything.. So no one can get around them, parking efficient of lot is instantly gone.. Think ahead, most do a great job, but only takes a few to wreck it
Same goes for the guys with enclosed Fred

Think it's the retard parking the units, like ya said, no thought about the next guy

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I logged in tonight specifically to see if this was being discussed. I'm glad it got a mention. The airplane will likely be difficult to spot by now. It's possible someone will spot some freshly broken off trees or signs of a recent fire. Weather was low on the day of the accident and I'm guessing this pilot was below the cloud layer. He nor his airplane were equipped for flight in or above the clouds, though he may have tried. I don't think he'll be found at a high elevation. If he took a wrong turn, he'll be in a drainage. Watch the creek beds you may be travelling in this winter. It was mentioned that the last cell phone tower that his phone connected to was the one on Fidelity Mountain. He didn't make it to Rogers Pass tower. He may have turned back toward Revelstoke. I don't fly this terrain much in winter, but have been through there frequently in summer.

Can anyone comment on some of the areas areas that are snowmobile accessible and are plausible crash sites?

I didnt know these aviators, but for the sake of their families I hope they're found sooner than later.

Was poking around behind mnt revelstoke the other day, I found what looked like human tracks in a remote place that just fuct off into the ravine. Never noticed any sign of the plane, but it would be almost impossible to find it in there, and could be worth your life to try right now.

Last edited:

vapours

Reaction score
earth.nullschool.net

Valdez Alaska might share in the next few weeks, xmas miracle?

T-top

Reaction score
Rode SE of town yesterday snow levels still very low for this time...

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm surprised as well there isn't more discussion on this ....... Can't really go riding in the park though

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com

Fred last wknd. DEC 1-3 I was there and the doors were not locked 8-11 and 2:30-5:30 on Fri. and Sat. and again 8-11 Sun. morning. I sold lots of memberships
Unfortunately your daily pass fee can not be reimbursed towards your membership.

I will be there again Fri-Sun 8-11 a.m. this wknd. if anyone needs a membership or wants to see our new T`s, toques and hats.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fred last wknd. DEC 1-3 I was there and the doors were not locked 8-11 and 2:30-5:30 on Fri. and Sat. and again 8-11 Sun. morning. I sold lots of memberships
Unfortunately your daily pass fee can not be reimbursed towards your membership.

I will be there again Fri-Sun 8-11 a.m. this wknd. if anyone needs a membership or wants to see our new T`s, toques and hats.
Hey Kathy does anyone answer the emails from the website? Sent an email 2 days ago. Looking for some info on my membership that I sent off Oct 10th. No membership yet but also no cancelled cheque? Just need to know if it arrived yet or not? Thanks!

Top Bottom