Revel stoke or Valemount First timer

BigDaddypolaris

Reaction score
Ok need some help here.................. I'm new to the sport haven't had a chance to get out this year and i'm thinking of end of feb. so i have a few questions,

1. Which locations is better? asking because its like 7 hours vs 5 hours from edmonton
2. Which would be better for a first timer not looking to go crazy just have some fun
3. Where would you recommend to ride at either location?
4. What are the best places to stay don't really want to be worried about my sled being stolen as i here a lot about it out there on here

Any information would be greatly appreciated in making a choice of where to go. please keep in mind its only for 2 days not looking to go for a week.

Happy riding:):)

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im from edmonton too so valemount is the closest choice. 4 hrs of extra driving is alot of time when your only riding 2 days. i know absolutely nothing about revelstoke but im sure they have some great areas for new people to the sport.

if your in valemount you want to stay at the best western its the nicest hotel in town with a restaurant right on the edge of town. for yourself i would check out allan creek, clemina creek or chappel creek all areas have LOTS of beginner terrain and all are groomed regularily with large parking lots. can download maps or look at the areas on google earth from the VARDA site. http://www.ridevalemount.com/snowmobiling/sled-areas

as far as snow conditions they both get a ton of snow so i dont think you can go wrong either way in that regard.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im from edmonton too so valemount is the closest choice. 4 hrs of extra driving is alot of time when your only riding 2 days. i know absolutely nothing about revelstoke but im sure they have some great areas for new people to the sport.

if your in valemount you want to stay at the best western its the nicest hotel in town with a restaurant right on the edge of town. for yourself i would check out allan creek, clemina creek or chappel creek all areas have LOTS of beginner terrain and all are groomed regularily with large parking lots. can download maps or look at the areas on google earth from the VARDA site. http://www.ridevalemount.com/snowmobiling/sled-areas

as far as snow conditions they both get a ton of snow so i dont think you can go wrong either way in that regard.
X2........................

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Valemount is good with all three areas described above as good choices to ride. It is our preferred location due to travel time and riding terrain. Mcbride is a good choice as well. The areas of Lucielle and Bell would be good for first timers and both just outside of town with groomed trails to the alpine.
Been to Revy and did enjoy the area (Boulder) when you could actually see. Never been socked in with limited sight like I have in Revy. Trails to the alpine are very good and liked the terrain as well. Keep in mind the hwy by Revy gets shut down regularly due to avy control so the 7 hr drive can turn into 10 plus quickly. Never had that happen to Vale or Mcbride.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Don't rule out McBride either. We hit Bell and Renshaw in early December for my first ever time in the mountains. I found Bell pretty decent for a first timer. Lots of places to stay too. And GREAT food at the Giggling Grizzly. We stayed at NV cabins. Nice place.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say Mcbride and go to Rensaw. The trail up is very long but once you get up there, it's wide open meadows, great to learn on. There is some small climbs that you can practice going up and more importantly coming down. I really like Rensaw.

BigDaddypolaris

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far.

i have been looking at a place called terracana resort to stay at its half way between valemont and mcbride so good thing is we could hit either up very easy but has anyone stayed here? i just talked to a person from there and you can't beat the price and you have your own cabin.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far.

i have been looking at a place called terracana resort to stay at its half way between valemont and mcbride so good thing is we could hit either up very easy but has anyone stayed here? i just talked to a person from there and you can't beat the price and you have your own cabin.

never stayed but i have been in there and its a really nice place!

millmonkey84

Reaction score
i just came back from valemount and it was my first ever mountain trip with the snowmobile. I would bring any beginer there, there was always a way around any big terrain you didn't want to hit and the guys with the experiance still had lots to keep them happy while i played on smaller features. in the end it will all depend on who you are rideing with. if every one has the same idea of what is fun on a sled you will all have a blast. good luck out there and braap her twice for me.

Top Bottom