Rev sway bar removal....

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a quick disconnect for the Rev out there - not made by BRP though. Have one on my 07.

Track down the details as soon as my email stops screwing around.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow 22 posts no one answered this correctly yet? On the 07's you can get the disconnect cause they have a link like the XP's not the stupid plastic blocks like the older revs. To remove it without cutting it just hook a strap from the ceiling to the front bumper so that the skis are about a foot off the ground with the suspension at full droop. Then just wiggle it out.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW.... lots to think about!! I was thinking of trying to just disconnect the sway bar but leave it in.. but does it hit the arms on a hard corner?? I definitly don't want it to rattle around under there.. if I leave one side on will it hit the belly on the opposite side? If I use a jack and jack up the front end will it have the same effect as pulling it up from the front bumper? I'd just really like to try it a couple of times before I decide if I want it out for sure or not. On my other sleds I've always removed it but for some reason I'm a bit shy to take this one out... maybe because I thought it would be permanant if I did do it... and what if I go to sell it and the new owner wants it in... OUCH!! Vodoo... I will check out Diesels page.... Thanks guys for the info!!

Last edited:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What skis do you have on it, if there the 5.7 pilot you will hate it with the sway bar removed! Very hard to ride, put the pilot 6.9's on there and you would of wished you removed the sway bar years ago!
I'm not sure which ski's I have on there... they are the original one... stock... so probably the 5.7s.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which ski's I have on there... they are the original one... stock... so probably the 5.7s.
Don't do it ! I mean switch to polaris atleast give the XM a chance .No you wouldn't have 5.7 YOUR STOCK were 6.9's

Last edited:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't do it ! I mean switch to polaris atleast give the XM a chance .No you wouldn't have 5.7
What are the stock ski's? I do like the rev but there is no good dealer around here since the BL dealer shut down!! :( lol....

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the stock ski's? I do like the rev but there is no good dealer around here since the BL dealer shut down!! :( lol....
6.9 Thanks I do miss all are customer/ friends. Your Local dealer has gone leaps and bounds in the last year .My little brother has bought 2 sleds in the last year from them and it's been good dealing so far.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW.... lots to think about!! I was thinking of trying to just disconnect the sway bar but leave it in.. but does it hit the arms on a hard corner?? I definitly don't want it to rattle around under there.. if I leave one side on will it hit the belly on the opposite side? If I use a jack and jack up the front end will it have the same effect as pulling it up from the front bumper? I'd just really like to try it a couple of times before I decide if I want it out for sure or not. On my other sleds I've always removed it but for some reason I'm a bit shy to take this one out... maybe because I thought it would be permanant if I did do it... and what if I go to sell it and the new owner wants it in... OUCH!! Vodoo... I will check out Diesels page.... Thanks guys for the info!!

If you want to try it first before removing completely, just take dogbone connector off one side. It's no different that running with a quick connector. Nothing hits or interferes.
If you want to take it right out without cutting, one of my bud's got his out by lifting back of sled with a hoist and pulling it out. Think he might have taken off one ski?.

Heading through Smithers on the 30th. I'll bring my hacksaw.

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6.9 Thanks I do miss all are customer/ friends. Your Local dealer has gone leaps and bounds in the last year .My little brother has bought 2 sleds in the last year from them and it's been good dealing so far.
Well got a friend with 2005 and it came with 5.7's, so can you post a pic of your skis and we could tell you what you got for sure with out assumeing what you got?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well got a friend with 2005 and it came with 5.7's, so can you post a pic of your skis and we could tell you what you got for sure with out assumeing what you got?
Unless she change them it's got 6.9 on it I sold her the sled I think ? 2005 came with sidehillers only renagade came with 5.7 or percusions ski's?

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you want to try it first before removing completely, just take dogbone connector off one side. It's no different that running with a quick connector. Nothing hits or interferes.
If you want to take it right out without cutting, one of my bud's got his out by lifting back of sled with a hoist and pulling it out. Think he might have taken off one ski?.

Heading through Smithers on the 30th. I'll bring my hacksaw.
I'm going to do this... sounds like a great idea!! Where abouts are you heading on the 30th? Sledding??

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great area!! There expecting a dump of snow in the next few days.... hopefully there'll be piles up there then.... HAVE FUN.... AND PLAY SAFE!! :beer:

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ride in the mountains the only place for a sway bar on the REV is in the trashcan. Who cares about the trail in as long as you can rip it up in the hills.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So disconnecting just one side of the sway bar does NOT work... it frees up the side which is still attached, but the side that is discontinued hits the sway arm onto the A arm.... I just disconnected both sides at put tie wraps on it to hold it out of the way... that seemed to work good. There was to much snow to really know how it would handle in harder snow conditions.

Attachments

• PB250325.JPG
    PB250325.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 84

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So disconnecting just one side of the sway bar does NOT work... it frees up the side which is still attached, but the side that is discontinued hits the sway arm onto the A arm.... I just disconnected both sides at put tie wraps on it to hold it out of the way... that seemed to work good. There was to much snow to really know how it would handle in harder snow conditions.

same thing i found, so out came the grinder and i havent looked back. what area was this pc in?

Top Bottom