Rev sway bar removal....

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked a thousand times before but I can't seem to find a threat with the info in it.... how do I get my sway bar out of my '07 800 rev without cutting it in half? Is it possible????

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
06 summit 1000 ... the only way we can get buddies out is to cut it. or remove the nun = not gunna happen ...

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why. Weight? if not you could just buy the quick disconnect for when you don't want it working.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not for weight.... just to make it more nimble... I want to eventually upgrade to a Polaris Pro but when I rode one last year I sucked at it... couldn't keep the track down... thought this would make the transition a bit easier... thoughts???

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok.... a cutting torch it is... so I don't imagine there is any way of putting it back in if I really don't like it??

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you live is smithers so I'm guessing your not a trail rider. here in golden almost everyone removes thier sway bar as first mod. we just disconected buddies on the mtn by removing the piece betwen the sway bar and the A arm. On the trail expect it to lift inside ski on every corner you gas it, but the reward is worth the price. yes I've tipped over my rt1000 on trails

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're right... I'm not a trail rider... but that is my concern with losing the sway bar... but if it is as good as you say I guess it is worth the lousy trail ride up the hills.... Thanks for your info. :thumbsup2:

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What skis do you have on it, if there the 5.7 pilot you will hate it with the sway bar removed! Very hard to ride, put the pilot 6.9's on there and you would of wished you removed the sway bar years ago!

rgashkei

Reaction score
Why take it off? Just remove the bracket on the one side and it will no longer function as a sway bar. At least to start with, then it is easy to re connect if you don't like it. I removed mine and didn't like the way it felt, was used to it already on.

Top Bottom