REV Gearing - More bottom end

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see alot of cool chit LOL
sounds more like you're trying to convince yourself you need a belt drive.....:d

CRFfred just blew his chain/case this winter after a season and a half on his BB '08 XP, he was looking at the C3 drive as well. I think he was even going to do the test mule thing but haven't heard from him lately.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theres a couple guys doing the testing. but i dont think they have received there units yet.

kyle micku has logged alot of miles on his so far no problems

nielsy

Reaction score
you use the same bottom sprocket 13w and 07 run 15w chain and top sprocket and i have installed them on 06s fit right in

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll back up the above statement. You are aren't required to replace the bottom 13w sproket.

Dino

Reaction score
Went from 19-45 to a 20 - 45 . Not good, cant recover RPM when I let off and get back on the throttle quick. Back to 19-45 and happy again. Dino

topever

Reaction score
19/47 04 summit 159, will never go back. Great hole shot, good in the trees,
still does 95, too fast for me.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went from 19-45 to a 20 - 45 . Not good, cant recover RPM when I let off and get back on the throttle quick. Back to 19-45 and happy again. Dino

Yea, I went to the 20/45 with recommendations by others, but I can't say for sure if it's better or worse. I know my track speed is around 60-65 km/hr, but I don't know if that's faster or slower then it used to be! Plus Iam making adjustments to make sure the clutching is working properly.

This is on a 06 X 151.

On the other hand, I never did, and still don't have problems with recovering RPM at any time. Are you sure YOUR clutching is good? That's not a gearing issue, that's a clutching issue.

Dino

Reaction score
Yea, I went to the 20/45 with recommendations by others, but I can't say for sure if it's better or worse. I know my track speed is around 60-65 km/hr, but I don't know if that's faster or slower then it used to be! Plus Iam making adjustments to make sure the clutching is working properly.

This is on a 06 X 151.

On the other hand, I never did, and still don't have problems with recovering RPM at any time. Are you sure YOUR clutching is good? That's not a gearing issue, that's a clutching issue.
No I am not sure my clutching is good :confused: With the 19-45 I have no recovery issues but only have 40 mph track speed while climbing. Our 06 144 X Has more power-grunt, P TEK vs series 3 eng. ??? Shorter track also but the 06 pulls 46 mph track speed, with no recovery issues ... very happy with that sled. :).Great sleds these Revs...Dino

CrankShop910

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your going to spend the money changing to a 15W you should just move up one more step to 3/4 Hyvo. A 3/4 hyvo is 20% stronger then a 15w.

Top Bottom