Registration-Can't really find an answer

Fratzog440

Reaction score
Well thanks for the replies guys, and yeah I've only ever rode in BC and it's never been a problem before so I never worried about it, I have insurance and proof of ownership in the form of my nvis/bill of sale. I'll get registration and a plate as soon as I get back to Cold Lake, I was just worried about right now. I'll just borrow a buddy's sled when I go to Revy in a couple days.

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The registration cost in AB is $54 per year and you can get a 2 year registration for a discount. Not sure why you would have to drive all the way back to Cold Lake to get plate. Any town in AB with a registries office can register your sled for you. Just need to prove insurance.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Depending on when your plates expire (based upon last name) it may be more economical for you to wait until snow season to renew. That's what I do and only pay from the date I register until the end of April, and by the end of April its quad season anyways

Reactions: zal

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Just go ride" that's hilarious. How about following the rules and register your sled and mount the plate. That way you don't have to worry about wasting your gas on a trip just to get turned around at staging area on a deep blue bird day. If you don't want to drill holes do what I did and take a pic of your plate and send it to a print shop and turn it into a decal then stick it on left side of tunnel. Yes they are checking in revelstoke. Sledders have till jan1 to MOUNT their plates or you won't pass through either gate at frisby or Boulder.
ouo
is revy really not letting you pass if no sticker???

Last edited by a moderator:

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"Just go ride" that's hilarious. How about following the rules and register your sled and mount the plate. That way you don't have to worry about wasting your gas on a trip just to get turned around at staging area on a deep blue bird day. If you don't want to drill holes do what I did and take a pic of your plate and send it to a print shop and turn it into a decal then stick it on left side of tunnel. Yes they are checking in revelstoke. Sledders have till jan1 to MOUNT their plates or you won't pass through either gate at frisby or Boulder.

People are saying "just go ride" and mean dont stress over it for the weekend. Take the risk. When you get back register the sled. People always find the absolute most negative direction to take to criticise others. No wonder we are all becoming grumpy azz holes.

Oh and have fun explaining to a cop that your sticker license plate is valid. Even with paperwork they will laugh their azz off at you unless the actual plate is on you... Even then Im sure they will have something to say about the sticker haha

Last edited:

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have insured and registered my sleds for well over 30 years. It is less than the cost of a belt. I was only checked once, at the Alberta Beach snow drags when I entered. That was a good day. I won my class.

Last edited:

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to register my sled last week here in Alberta. I just moved from Saskatchewan this summer and it is not required there so new experience for me. I took my pink card from the insurance company and registration office said they need my bill of sale. Well in the moving I managed to lose the original but the dealership faxed me a copy of it. They would not accept the copy. Originals only of the bill of sale. I tried explaining to the lady sorry but I lost it and probably won't find it. She would not let me register me snowmobile. In my opinion SCREW THEM. I tried to do the right thing. Why should I argue to register my sled! I'll chance it. I know I'm going to hear some flack from you guys on here but I don't really care. It's a money grab. I do not ride my sled in Alberta what so ever. I am insured and have 2 million liability. Good enough. End rant.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just do a hand written one as if you bought it used. Take that in as original. Done dealio.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
Ya I was told this afterwards. Not sure why the lady just wouldn't have told me that. I'm still not wasting my time to go back there for that. I would just be carrying the plate in my backpack which I hear is illegal anyway?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to register my sled last week here in Alberta. I just moved from Saskatchewan this summer and it is not required there so new experience for me. I took my pink card from the insurance company and registration office said they need my bill of sale. Well in the moving I managed to lose the original but the dealership faxed me a copy of it. They would not accept the copy. Originals only of the bill of sale. I tried explaining to the lady sorry but I lost it and probably won't find it. She would not let me register me snowmobile. In my opinion SCREW THEM. I tried to do the right thing. Why should I argue to register my sled! I'll chance it. I know I'm going to hear some flack from you guys on here but I don't really care. It's a money grab. I do not ride my sled in Alberta what so ever. I am insured and have 2 million liability. Good enough. End rant.

At one of those rip off agencies? I do it AMA and never get that kind of crap which I have at those priviate agencies in the past.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Some of those registries employees take themselves way too serious.
Ya I was told this afterwards. Not sure why the lady just wouldn't have told me that. I'm still not wasting my time to go back there for that. I would just be carrying the plate in my backpack which I hear is illegal anyway?

Top Bottom