registration and insurance

sickcat05

Reaction score
Okay i have a buddy who just bought a sled he wants to bring it to sno mo days in a couple weeks but.... he does not have a license so my question for him is is there still a way to get insurance on it... or should he just bring his bill of sale to the lake so he can putt around for the day... thanks

Barnes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes, just like house insurance and car insurance. just walk into whereever you decide and ask.. a bill of sale is all you should need. Took me about 10 minutes to fully insure and reg it at AMA.

spikeydave

Reaction score
You must elaborate a bit more. Does he not have a license or is it suspended? If his license is suspended then legally he can not drive any vehicle on public land. I do believe that you must have a drivers license or be in direct supervision if under legal age to ride on public land. I would contact someone from the motor vehicle department to verify the legal aspects as he does not want to get caught riding without a license if he needs one, could raise a lot more legal issues in the end.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
You must elaborate a bit more. Does he not have a license or is it suspended? If his license is suspended then legally he can not drive any vehicle on public land. I do believe that you must have a drivers license or be in direct supervision if under legal age to ride on public land. I would contact someone from the motor vehicle department to verify the legal aspects as he does not want to get caught riding without a license if he needs one, could raise a lot more legal issues in the end.

Agreed, and insurance would be void if in accident...if suspended

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't need a licence in Alberta to own a vehicle. He can go into a registries agent and register it in his name with a DL but has to have insurance to get the registration.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I been to Sno-Mo days as both a racer and a spectator. If you ride your sled through the "gate" you need plates and insurance. The RCMP set up a checkstop by Ekho Marine and look for stolen machines. I am not sure if you need plates on the racing sleds,but you should have proof you own it. I am legal with both my sleds.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if he does no have a license at all. he cannot legally drive it on public land anyways. so why worry about it? if he gets stopped or in an accident no ins would be the least of his worries. if he is under age then why are his parents not insuring it for him? as under 16 needs adult supervision anyway.

Top Bottom