No fault insurance

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like most of your increases are on your 2 primary vehicles. I'd say that's due to the new tickets more than anything.
True it’s partially from the tickets but the DMax increase is most likely from Alberta insurance using vehicle value to price insurance as well.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True it’s partially from the tickets but the DMax increase is most likely from Alberta insurance using vehicle value to price insurance as well.
Ten over the limit and you got a ticket? That seems like there must be more to it.
You can thank all the fraudulent claims for rates going up too. Insurance companies are taking a beating all over the world from major disasters and they are losing money.

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ten over the limit and you got a ticket? That seems like there must be more to it.
You can thank all the fraudulent claims for rates going up too. Insurance companies are taking a beating all over the world from major disasters and they are losing money.
Agreed with the insurance companies taking a beating (on profits). And fraud is atrocious as well.

Got pulled over heading out of spruce. Clocked doing 76 in the 60 zone at the last set of lights. Ticked was written at 10 over. That stretch should be an 80km zone. Spruce Grove just trying to generate revenue.

There is going to be major changes in the future of insurance. Just like you can no longer buy wildfire insurance in the state of California. I’m sure hail damage with be the next one excluded, even just for the Calgary area.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it comes to the tickets, Alberta is Phu*ed. I’ve got 110 in a 100km zone tickets three times in 20 yrs. One morning by grassland on my way to Fort McMurray at 5 AM a cop chase me down like a bank robber for 110 in a 100km zone. I thought he was kidding. He said if I want to dispute it, I could go to court in Boyle.
I also just got a ticket for a completely stock F150, 2009 because I had no mudflaps
Bone stock truck with factory wheels and tires, not mudders.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
No fault is a joke, that’s how Saskatchewan and SGI Insurance operates.

Back in 2016 I was involved in a car accident on my way to work on the morning. The other vehicle was stolen, the driver was drunk, his license was suspended. After the accident all the occupants fled the scene, the driver collapsed on the sidewalk and went into cardiac arrest. And the passenger tried to steal my co workers truck. They left behind a prohibited shotgun, and a machete in the car when they ran.

After the hospital trip I went out to the insurance yard to get my stuff from my truck because it was totalled off. I ran into the police who were there doing DNA and taking evidence. The cop said best case scenario would’ve been if the drunk driver would’ve died.

The occupants in the car went to court. And all their charges got stayed. And they never picked it back up. So now, since Saskatchewan is no fault. I could not sue. Now everything goes through my insurance to cover my injuries and wage loss, which you all know how that goes. They deny deny deny, and you either have a choice, okay along with their games, or try and sue your insurance company. You cannot sue the other driver unless they are criminally convicted. And I still had to pay my damage deposit on my totalled off truck.

The accident broke my back, and the hospital only gave me 1 X-ray. And the X-ray never showed it. So for 5 months I didn’t even know anything was wrong. Three years after the accident I had back surgery, and every year I get 1-2 flare ups that have me basically bed ridden for at least a week.

From my experience, pay for a package policy to get your wage replacement topped up to 100%. Get as much coverage as you can, it would always be easier to sue the other driver than something like an insurance company. They’ll just run you out of money.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive a lot for work. All over. If the speed limit is 100 l cruise at 114. If it's 110 l do 122. I don't even attempt to slow down from those speeds when l see the cops at theirfishing holes. I will dial it back a bit when overtaking them. The drop way before you reach some small town's limits are the worse. Okotoks several years ago was my last ticket.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it comes to the tickets, Alberta is Phu*ed. I’ve got 110 in a 100km zone tickets three times in 20 yrs. One morning by grassland on my way to Fort McMurray at 5 AM a cop chase me down like a bank robber for 110 in a 100km zone. I thought he was kidding. He said if I want to dispute it, I could go to court in Boyle.
I also just got a ticket for a completely stock F150, 2009 because I had no mudflaps
Bone stock truck with factory wheels and tires, not mudders.
Sorry to say you deserved the ticket for no mudflaps. Many people have expensive vehicles and ride motorcycles and should not have excessive rocks thrown at them. The law states your rear wheels must be covered to at least the 50% point top to bottom. Your beef should be with dealers selling vehicles that are not road legal.

Top Bottom