Red Deer Power Sports Name Change

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard from my cousin who is a mechanic at RDPS and as of tomorrow they will be known as Cycle Works Red Deer. Not sure if that means new ownership or what.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard from my cousin who is a mechanic at RDPS and as of tomorrow they will be known as Cycle Works Red Deer. Not sure if that means new ownership or what.
If this is accompanied by an inventory change, some new competition in RD would be great!

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Yamaha is releasing some cool stuff this year not sure what that entails hopefully it will kick all the jap manufactures into gear to start competing again.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would assume they were bought out by Cycleworks. Its a registered name and no one else should be able to use it.

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycle works also brought out Seitzco Motorsports here in okotoks must be trying to buy up all the smaller dealers.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More for my own curiosity, they have changed their name once already, no?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Red deer power sports is by no means a small dealer. One of the biggest on the western side of N/A.

who told you that, and what do they measure biggest by? they have a large showroom but net to zero product, little used product, and there acessory dept is highly lacking in product also, i'm thinking someone is shinning u on, turples is larger in every dept, more product on the floor, way more acessories, looks like larger parts product as well. but power sports is larger than area polaris dealers, or our cowasuki dealer(canadian tire has more than this idiot). be interesting with the name change to see if anything changes for the better? very interesting indeed.

i will say power sports has been good with parts for the new arctic ktty mud friggin beast, had alot of the parts i needed in stock and overnight or end of week for anything else. who is yer cousin BKG, seems i lost my guy in the service desk.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin's and Cycle Works are going the route of farm implement dealerships with all there stores.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if it will be good for the sport or not, i'm thinking not in the end! car lots are the same, cam clark and wheatons are buying up all the area dealers, eliminate competion, and probably to get there retail prices up higher, less customer dickering.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if it will be good for the sport or not, i'm thinking not in the end! car lots are the same, cam clark and wheatons are buying up all the area dealers, eliminate competion, and probably to get there retail prices up higher, less customer dickering.

They have there advantages and there disadvantages thats for sure. Better selection on parts, units and even used units as they can pull from one store to the next for customers needs but prices tend to go up as they become the only option around.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just what i was thinking, but stocking parts is costly, money just sitting until said parts move, will be interesting for sure.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who told you that, and what do they measure biggest by? they have a large showroom but net to zero product, little used product, and there acessory dept is highly lacking in product also, i'm thinking someone is shinning u on, turples is larger in every dept, more product on the floor, way more acessories, looks like larger parts product as well. but power sports is larger than area polaris dealers, or our cowasuki dealer(canadian tire has more than this idiot). be interesting with the name change to see if anything changes for the better? very interesting indeed.

i will say power sports has been good with parts for the new arctic ktty mud friggin beast, had alot of the parts i needed in stock and overnight or end of week for anything else. who is yer cousin BKG, seems i lost my guy in the service desk.

I agree Turple Bros has more inventory. However most of RDPS units are in the storage building behind the main Building. They have a Ton of units in there. Dont think they sell that much tho.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also. Parkland Sled in Red Deer doesnt have a huge show room or accessory department but
they sell alot of Units. Doug Westman the old owner told me they sold 200razors in 2011.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm talking in terms of showroom square footage.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no idea on sales etc, just looking at the store size, parkland has about 8-10 units on the showroom floor, looks really small, still i think rainy creek sells way more units, but have really no idea.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought Yamaha used to route thru kippscott years back!

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought Yamaha used to route thru kippscott years back!

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

another car dealership that tried to sell recreational vehicles, just don't work.

Top Bottom