Rebuilt crank problems

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems getting warranty out of Adrian Bernard? I Have purchased 2 complete cranks and cases and got less than 300 miles on each of them. No warranty. They repaired the one rod on the crank and sent it back with the broken cases. Good service eh.:rant:

X-Treme3x

Reaction score
Has anyone had problems getting warranty out of Adrian Bernard? I Have purchased 2 complete cranks and cases and got less than 300 miles on each of them. No warranty. They repaired the one rod on the crank and sent it back with the broken cases. Good service eh.:rant:

Thats to bad. I've had 1 crank and 2 cylinders done by them on my XCR 440 before and the work as has been fine. Sorry to hear that.

ned

Reaction score
there is no such thing as warranty with these people. the cranks they sell and fix are cheap because all of the parts they use are not oem. they are all made in china parts. when one crank bearing for a sled is like 200 dollars and a whole crank rebuilt from tmem is like 500 dollars then there is a problem. simple terms is you get what you pay for.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is no such thing as warranty with these people. the cranks they sell and fix are cheap because all of the parts they use are not oem. they are all made in china parts. when one crank bearing for a sled is like 200 dollars and a whole crank rebuilt from tmem is like 500 dollars then there is a problem. simple terms is you get what you pay for.

where you buying bearings for $200 each ???

Bernard was good for me, crank and 2 jugs on the 900 last year still ripping.
It even survived a big overheat.

ned

Reaction score
Price out arctic cat crank bearings (not the rod ones but the main crank ones) and you might be shocked at the price but they are way better quality then the chinese jobber ones.

Reaction score
I have been using after maket perf parts for 20 years and never had a prob
to blame on the parts. some times you have to adj things a little, ie. Wiseco pistons work fine if you clearance them and pay attention to warming your engine up. I have sent the crank and cases to the machine shop I have been using for the last 20 years so we will know if the workmanship maches up to the level of service at Bernards. I expect we will find that it does. Keep you all posted.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price out arctic cat crank bearings (not the rod ones but the main crank ones) and you might be shocked at the price but they are way better quality then the chinese jobber ones.

That would be retail. Drop it 50% to dealer cost. Then drop it some more for bulk price my guess crank rebuild shops pay $50/bearing X 4 =$200 and $200 labor +/- $100 total $500.

Reaction score
Good news, the crank checks out, within .0005, almost perfect. The cases on the other hand are out to lunch. They were machined the same size as the crank bearings.This allows the crank to chatter and flex. Not a good thing in an engine with harmonics like a 900 polaris. the cases are supposed to have about .002 squish factor to hold the bearings tight. Too bad Bernard didn't check this when he had the broken cases at his shop, Could have saved a trip across Canada Eh. Top noch service< guess we can't blame cheep parts after all.

Top Bottom