Rear skid weigh- which is lighter?

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which skid for 163" XM is the lightest? Stock, Ez-Ryde, Baker, Timbersled
.etc?

opinion on best overall skid, boondocking and chutes. No brand bashing please.

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Check out these guys too

Raptor Shocks
Tom's E-motion
Nextech

Ez-Ryde is not a play full skid will keep your front glued down and not even sure if Timbersled is making snowmobile parts after the Polaris buyout.

I'm running the Nextech fox conversion kit, nice upgrade over stock. If i was to do it again the new Xm-ACE from raptor looks awesome.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had 3 sleds with baker skid including an etec, and one sled with a timbersled. I'd stay stock over a timbersled, loved all my baker set ups. I doubt baker skid will save any weight, probably add a bit

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ez-Ryde is not a play full skid will keep your front glued down

Ya, i've ran stock skid with stock skid, but not at boost. My ez-ryde difinitely holds the front end down. Just arrived is a Baker skid and it is heavier than ez-ryde. Just wondering how it handles overall. i'm guessing baker setup is a few pounds, 25+ more

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
154 SP skid...

Stock - 48lbs 7 oz
Tom's motion Kit - 43lbs oz
146 Ez Ryde - 40lbs 8 oz

I don't have my notebook here with my on one of my builds, but the Ez Ryde was around 40.5 lbs, but that was in a 146. I couldn't get the skid to stand up durability wise without some maintenance.

One of the lightest options I've seen is a E-motion skid with Alt Impact Ti Arms and hardware. It was in the mid 30's for weight in a 163.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Nextech have a rear spring and fox shock delete for 5lbs savings? Then add in 3lbs to delete idlers and voila you have a 40lb 7oz skid for a fraction the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doesn't Nextech have a rear spring and fox shock delete for 5lbs savings? Then add in 3lbs to delete idlers and voila you have a 40lb 7oz skid for a fraction the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless there's more to the kit than what Tom is putting into his (remove springs, swap out shocks to a Float (Now Evol)/Evol , and a rear arm, I doubt you'll see much less weight with the Nextech conversion.

Top Bottom