Tuning the rear skid for a turbo?

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i did a bit of searching, but i'm looking for improvements regarding getting the most out of the stock T-motion skid with a turbo kit.

I've heard big wheel kits to prevent rollover when hitting steep climbs (9" or 10" rear bogie)
Heavy springs
Tensioner strap tensioning?

I guess theres really nothing else you could do without the addition of some aftermarket shocks... At that point its almost cheaper to go with the EZ-ryde. But, i do not plan on running over 7psi this season. I would like some reliability.

Any suggestions, fellas?

xmrider

Reaction score
I am going through the same thing right now. I have done all the following that you have mentioned above... I have also heard of moving your rear arm back 3/4" back on the skid. I am going to try running 7 lbs on the stock skid and see how that works for the season. Goodluck!

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i guess it'll be trial and error! But man, those rear Bogies are expensive! i was quoted 520$ for 10" and the relocation axle... but hey, who ever said this sport was cheap? lol

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We run the stock 163 rear suspension with no problems at all. Running 5lbs ish, stock springs with elka stage 5 shocks. On the trail we run the stock springs on clicker 1 and set the shocks accordingly. When in the hills when things are more vertical and power is require we turned the spring up to clicker 4 or 5 and stiffen up the shocks. This setup really controls ski lift to a minimum or have it wheelie everywhere, best of both worlds. some rides that are about 205lbs heavy than me say if stiffer spring could be advantageous. A lot of people seem to think a aftermarket suspension is require for boost. To be honest if you are a 250lbs ish rider and running 7lbs or more, most likely you will. Lighter weight rider and less boost it can be done with great results.

fellow rider of mine on a 154 boosted sled at 7lbs runs stock skid with 10" rear wheels, swing arm back about 1/2-3/4", and stock shocks. His setup works great for him, mind you he is a smaller rider

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, i guess it'll be trial and error! But man, those rear Bogies are expensive! i was quoted 520$ for 10" and the relocation axle... but hey, who ever said this sport was cheap? lol
If you go with 9" rear wheels you don't need the offset axle. But like Carbon88 says the racer's edge arm is where it's at if you want control when it really gets steep. It all depends on the type of riding you do.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! I'm 205-210 and i'm on a 154.

Honestly, i'm all mountain. However, i'm a tree rider/deep powder/jumper. I do like the occasional climb, but no crazy airport chutes for me.

Top Bottom