Help me choose: Oulander L 570 Hunter vs Grizzly EPS

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They changed the Grizzly chassis in 2015 or 2016. You'll like this new chassis better because it's got a longer, wider wheelbase. The old grizzly chassis has been handed over to the Kodak.

12 grand may seem like a lot for a Grizzly when you compare them feature for feature to other quads. However, other tHan brakes and fluids, you'll barely have to touch it. If you were to consider the Can am 650 over the Grizzly, then you'd have a little more more to think about, but not when considering the 570.

To save a buck and get better incentives, look at old stock. Also stay away from special edition colours and camo. Yamaha only charges a few hundred extra for these colours, but if you ever have to replace a special edition fender, you can actually get an entire set of new regular edition plastics for the same price.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I bought the grizzly. Thank you everyone for your suggestions

Reliability and ease of maintenance won here.

And for all those guys going on about how expensive $12300 is, the base price with no BS on this Grizzly EPS was $ 9773

And I did heed your concerns about the mud lites. People on another forum complained about them as well, so I went with the Zillas.

Thanks for all your input.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Get the Grizz, the most reliable besides the Honda out of all the other brands. We just sold our 2011 700 grizz with a blade and still got very good money for it, $6000, not bad , had 4400kms on it. We are buying the new Grizz in the spring. We have owned,Hondas, and can ams, sxs and quads, can am more costly maintenance, we are very easy on our machines, but stuff happens. Currently have outlander 1000 two up, mine now as we are selling the outlander 650, single. Hubby now has the Honda Pioneer that he rides. Go for the Grizz, very light on the soft trails and skeg, easy to manhandle with some body English and there is nothing wrong with mud lites. Every few years, around 4-5000 kms we upgrade, have had about 4 Grizzly's now, never a issue with them.

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may be to late, but the full aluminum bash plates or skid plates are pretty beefy and quite expensive. The stock plastic is pretty forgiving, and quite cheap, replacing it every few years is to be expected. However, i would recommend the front A-arm aluminum guards as a minimum. The rears are not a bad idea, but on both make sure you clear snow and ice out when parking or the buildup can freeze and twist boots. They may come up with the full length teflon type that was available for the old gen Grizzlies. Almost as cheap as the stock small units, and Beefy like puckboard, plus full coverage front to back, just not available yet.

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizzly all the way and i own a can am, Can am is great for riding but it sucks as a hunting unit....

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i miss the steel racks from old honda and the belt drive is a little weak for pulling stuff like a moose. The old honda rocked. And the first time i used the can am for hunting it left me stranded. The fuel pump cratered on it. I think the can am needs more venting in the engine compartment it gets really hot. I fixed that by removing the plastic side panels. Having said all this it is the most fun quad to ride for recreation riding by far. They are also high maint machines. we have a 700 grizzly at the farm that gets no mercy.....it is am awesome machine and tough as nails.

Top Bottom