RCMP out in full force this weekend in Golden

whickey

Reaction score
I got no problem with them stopping just sledders, just as long as they make it worth while. I think 4 times in one weekend is a little much, but that is just my opinion. As long as they are not giving out BS tickets like they have in other sledding towns last year. It will make people who steal sleds think twice about doing it in Golden, same goes for guys who pound back a few before getting behind the wheel. All of my stuff is legal so it does not really bother me to much.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't get it....you guys bitch and complain about the cops not taking the time to do their job when a sled or trailer is stolen.......but.....now they are doing vin checks along with drinking and driving checks and you guys bitch and complain some more.....tha now you are being hassled.......which one would you prefer??????

If they only find one stolen sled / trailer or only remove one drunk driver from the road all weekend, I think it is worth it! Luckily, I have not had any of my sleds stolen but I have lost a friend to drunk driving....and all it takes is one drunk to kill a bunch of others.

Yes, it may be a pain getting stopped more than once but at least they are stopping people even if it is only sledders this time.....so what??

It also makes people aware. I am willing to bet that there are a few hundred people who read this thread and it will prevent a few from driving after drinking.

Little

Reaction score
Where are the cops between midnite and 7am. This would be the time to find a stolen sled. The 6-11 stops are dd with token sled vin check.

Is the reg after 4' over taillight you need lites?? Also what's the reg about tie downs?? Clamps up front and 2 straps on rear??

I have no issue with dd stops and sledders are likely males 20-55, who happen to be the worst dd offenders.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a presence in the community is one thing but profiling Sledders because they have a tendency to drink during the day isn't right. Everyone should be checked equally. I got pulled into the same check stop on Friday night and had to blow because I admitted to having one beer. It wasn't an issue for me because I knew that I was still good to drive but I certainly hope that the other cars that were waved through while I was waiting there we waved because they hadn't been drinking not because they don't fit the profile they were looking for.

When I was pulled in I wasn't asked to provide proof of ownership for my sled either.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your sled is over 4' past your tail lights you need a flag in the daytime and a light at night.

Last edited:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I asked them that...they didn't have an answer. I wish it was the same across the board too but glad I checked either way.

so one province can make money off the residents of another province.......no names or anything, just saying.........

It seems like for this minor stuff they could agree, I know there will always be some differing rules in BC because of mountains but for the most part the 4 praire provinces could all be the same.

Two Blue

Reaction score
No matter how well the cops do or how poorly we think they do, they are the focus of our criticism. Nothing ever changes. I think it is great to see them our there. There certainly are all the comments that we would love to say to them and tell them how we feel. I am sure they would love to tell us how they truly feel. They have saved my ass a few times and have given me a break when I probably haven't deserved it. Anyway, thanks to the cops for what they do although you are sheeeeet on for what we expect you to do!!!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To bad they didn't demonstrate the same kinda vigilence when the spot calls went out last winter at Hope cr. Makes total sence don't pull over the skiers coming down they dont drink just sledders in 4x4's with decks. Rightttttttttttttt total fbs

Top Bottom