Raptor shocks at Martin motorsports

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they got to keep the rear ones as that wasn't part of the exchange program? Maybe Max can elaborate.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they got to keep the rear ones as that wasn't part of the exchange program? Maybe Max can elaborate.

Ya rears are not part of the program so if you chose to upgrade the rears aswell then you get to keep the factory rears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Clay911

Reaction score
From the prices I have read from martin's customers they more then paid for them raptor shocks in their purchase price. I'm not saying some guys didn't get a good deal but most OTD prices I seen were not impressive.

The other issue I have is you get top of the line shocks and they are not valved or setup at all for your weight and riding ability. Maybe this was asked to customers but not to my knowledge. If I'm spending 1100 plus dollars on 2 shocks(which the sno check guys also did) they best be setup for ME.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the prices I have read from martin's customers they more then paid for them raptor shocks in their purchase price. I'm not saying some guys didn't get a good deal but most OTD prices I seen were not impressive.

The other issue I have is you get top of the line shocks and they are not valved or setup at all for your weight and riding ability. Maybe this was asked to customers but not to my knowledge. If I'm spending 1100 plus dollars on 2 shocks(which the sno check guys also did) they best be setup for ME.

Thats what I kind of thought too. No disrespect to Martins....they seem to have a lot of happy customers. Bought a Triton trailer there and was very happy with the deal. But from the prices I seen posted last year it wasnt a smoking deal. Be farther ahead to get a good deal on a SP or X and buy raptors for it.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled price this year was the same as last year with 1100$ worth of shocks..last year I got a 1000$ airbag. Ya they may be a little more expensive than Tim in butt Fawk no where selling sleds out of his lean too. But that comes with the territory and other benefits. Not to mention its 5 minuts from my house so I'm ok supporting local for a bit more$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Reactions: 154

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am paying the same price for my sled this year as in years past, this year I get Raptors, last time it was an ABS bag. So ya maybe I paid more, but when my sled needs service, or I hit a $10000 dollar rock with my summit X with 17km on it and Martin finds me a new X in time for my next trip, its a good deal to me.

Clay911

Reaction score
O I agree I overpay for items all the time from local dealer to support them as they are good to me. And I have nothing against Martins as I buy gear and stuff from them also. I was just referring to everyone bragging about the free shocks. Nothing is free lol

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O I agree I overpay for items all the time from local dealer to support them as they are good to me. And I have nothing against Martins as I buy gear and stuff from them also. I was just referring to everyone bragging about the free shocks. Nothing is free lol

Oh I know they are not free.....As far as the shock setup goes, I do believe Martin and Raptor have worked something out to get you setup.

Clay911

Reaction score
I have not rode a set of raptors and I imagine they are 100 times better then stock, but I have also rode good aftermarket shocks with a generic setup and good aftermarket shocks setup for me. And there is no comparison.

They could have a setup developed but that would be the same setup a 250lb rider and 130lb rider have and there is no way there is a setup that shines for both riders weight let alone riding style. But Martins has to offer a "generic" setup that please most as does Doo.

I just hate to see guys pay 1100 dollars and have a generic setup when 1100 dollars from any other shock company gets you properly setup shocks. It would have made more sense to me to get the sled cheaper and sell the stock shocks and buy a shock tailored for you.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have not rode a set of raptors and I imagine they are 100 times better then stock, but I have also rode good aftermarket shocks with a generic setup and good aftermarket shocks setup for me. And there is no comparison.

They could have a setup developed but that would be the same setup a 250lb rider and 130lb rider have and there is no way there is a setup that shines for both riders weight let alone riding style. But Martins has to offer a "generic" setup that please most as does Doo.

I just hate to see guys pay 1100 dollars and have a generic setup when 1100 dollars from any other shock company gets you properly setup shocks. It would have made more sense to me to get the sled cheaper and sell the stock shocks and buy a shock tailored for you.

Martins is putting on a shock tuning class once the sleds are delivered. That way a least they are set up correct.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope that I get my old factory shocks back.... Dealer didn't say anything about that but I will be sure to ask when I pick mine up....

Not in too much of a hurry to get my sled... I told my dealer to worry about all the garage sledders out there first before worrying about me....

Besides, I got no garage to put the sled in so i can sit on it and make BBBBRRRrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaapppppp noises while looking at a thunderstruck poster wearing my white oakleys sitting beside my jacked up diesel with incorrectly aimed HID's!!!!!!!!!!! :beer::beer:

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Martins is putting on a shock tuning class once the sleds are delivered. That way a least they are set up correct.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

I think he's talking about the actual valving of the shock. May not apply so much to the fronts. But more the rear skid shocks

Sent from my iPhone using

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope that I get my old factory shocks back.... Dealer didn't say anything about that but I will be sure to ask when I pick mine up....

Not in too much of a hurry to get my sled... I told my dealer to worry about all the garage sledders out there first before worrying about me....

Besides, I got no garage to put the sled in so i can sit on it and make BBBBRRRrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaapppppp noises while looking at a thunderstruck poster wearing my white oakleys sitting beside my jacked up diesel with incorrectly aimed HID's!!!!!!!!!!! :beer::beer:
So now getting your sled before it snows is a d-bag move as well? You old guys sure can talk.

Clay911

Reaction score
I think he's talking about the actual valving of the shock. May not apply so much to the fronts. But more the rear skid shocks

Sent from my iPhone using

Its good they are showing how to tune shocks to weight and riding condition, what i meant was the valving and spring choice. Knowing how to tune stock shocks can make a HUGE difference in your ride but when you spend over a grand you should have a shock that comes with proper valving and springs and then know how to tune it from there. Until you have ridden a sled setup for YOU, you dont know what you are missing.

Having the hardware(shocks) only to be off by something that costs no more money when put together(valving) is sad.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now getting your sled before it snows is a d-bag move as well? You old guys sure can talk.

I said nothing about it being a "D-Bag " Move fella.... Just having some fun the same way everyone else does on this site... Didn't mean to give you a complex....

Way to over-analyze a simple funny comment and make a profile thats way out to lunch!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to sit in my room and drink a monster energy drink now...

Really I am.... I like monster...

Last edited:
Top Bottom