Radium riding dec 27-30?

TARRANT

Reaction score
Hey guys a couple of us are planning on heading out to radium on the 27 and would like to know if anyone is riding forester or quartz then? Would like to maybe meet up with a group that knows the area.

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been to Radium once
prob never go back

the trail ride in is soooooo long, washed out and the terrain is pretty extreme
if u like to climb, that is the spot to go for sure
keep an eye on avy danger when u go, as the whole place is quite steep, right from the gas shack at forrester

TARRANT

Reaction score
That makes me think that we will probably go to quartz. Most of us are fairly new riders and I have been to quartz once and loved it

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought the trail into Forester was a piece of cake, compared to some. The terrain goes from wide open huge faces to treed meadows, we loved it there, will be back for sure.

TARRANT

Reaction score
Ok well that brings me to my original question , who's going? Would love to ride with some new people .

vic

Reaction score
lol really??? forestor is probably one of safest place's in regards to avalanche. Even on the worst of days. Trail ride is a little londer that normal, but no worse that gorman, and much better than silent.
Radium/Forester best kept secret .Was up Dec3-4 with my son . The Road gets plowed good parking,trail had been groomed, and they added on to the cabin.Played in the meadows saturday for my ride it was overcast ,first ones in sunday Blue sky and sunny and got up Thunder and Whirl Pool lakes fresh powder and no tracks was Great.

TARRANT

Reaction score
I am really hoping for some fresh snow at Christmas for the trip. I have been reading and it looks like paradise might be a good place to ride also ?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tarrant.... send me a pm around this time. I will be in the area that time till about new years, assuming i get my ride back together.

ps. stay away from paradise.... there running tours up there and snow may not be so well.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
some of us were thinking about going riding out there at that time too. Wheres a good place to stay?My wife and kids will just be hangin around during the day so it has to be somewhere fairly decent.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would not reccommend paradise, although a nice and well maintained trial ride up it is a very small bowl with limited riding which gets chewed up fast due to the constant tours up there. They actually also run the same tours up forester, but there is enough terrain that you can always find some fun if you just look hard enough. The avy danger as oler said is quite low at forester cause the majority of the riding is at the tops of all the mountains so the biggest thing that would come down is the slope your on, nothing above that. Just DO NOT climb the first chute just across the bridge from the woodshed/gas drop as it is the main avy slide all year long. Just drive past and there is plenty of meadow riding after the cabin. If the weather isnt socked in or windy you can get up thunderwater hill at the back and then your on all the top lakes where there is lots of good riding!
<-------Forester :p

TARRANT

Reaction score
We ended up booking at the bighorn meadows resort, 3 bedroom condo for three nights was just over 700 bucks s a very good deal when u consider its just like a nice apartment. Plus the hot springs are not far, my wife and a couple others are going to the spa while we are riding so it worked out perfect.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was there on sat good early conditions i thought the one pull in to the lakes can be hairy some times but generally ok alpen motel nice and clean and he gives out passes to the hot pool $69.00 per night we will be there on the 27th as well (sorry keyboard batteries craped out)

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what day you gonna be in radium? i have my condo at bighorn meadows and will be there from christmas eve to possibly new years just waiting to hear some more plans but id love to meet up with some new peeps and ride some new terrain! living in cranbrook i have never rode forester lol

TARRANT

Reaction score
We will be checking in on the 27th and leaving on the 30th. Riding ALL day on the 28-29. Feel free to join as I also have room in the trailer for two more if need be. This is gonna be epic

Top Bottom