Radios people !!!!!!!!!

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you weren't on your groups channel and worst case scenario
4.0 if your in revy would be your best bet to try. Posted in cabin that S&R monitors that channel so if it's got to that point where you know people should be looking for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea. The problem with using a channel with a 0 sub channel is that you get chatter from all the the people using that main channel. It can get quite annoying.

It also should be noted that SAR in Revelstoke monitor FRS 4.0 only when dispatched. You can not get a hold of them on 4.0 unless they are already out looking for you.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed Radio's are a must but shouldn't be dependant on them. People will take off now and drop off into somewhere or do something and think I have a radio I will be okay, when most used to go that looks like fun but better wait for group could end up being here a while and no one knows where I am.

Sometimes we get too dependant on Electronics and leave common cense and courtesy behind.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because they are twice that much............They are more like 800.00

Looks like a Garman Rhino 650 is 600 bux at Cabelas. I know lots of folks who can run up a 2 or 300 dollar bar tab a few nights in a row.
Regardless.

For the amount of aftermarket **** most guys put on their sleds that give nearly no noticeable benefit to most riders, a radio would be a way better investment.

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone running a palm mic with their Rhinos? (like the BCAs?) If so, what kind and where did you get them? Me and my dad just put them in our packs so the couple time we have got split up we have to wait/hope that the other is stopped and got it out of their pack.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
communication group in red deer sells them, likely there other shops do also.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This^^^. I think most of us use FRS (GMRS) radios....not fancy programmable UHF or whatever....

I've been a Rino user since the Rino 110 (then 120, now 650)...they work great. Obviously you need to get together with your group in the AM and make sure everyone is on the same frequency. Going back to the old Snowest days we all ran channel 6.9 (yayaya....69 DUDE) So I tend to still use this one...and I tend to run into old Snowest buds on the hill. LOL.

BUT, what if you are the one separated...lost. Now others are looking your you. What channel do you go on?

Brings up an interesting point! We use radios all the time in our group but what if we were lost? Might be a good idea to leave a note on the truck windshield saying what channel we are on! In case SAR ever had to come look for us. Interesting!

Kelly

Reaction score
Because they are twice that much............They are more like 800.00
12-15 thousand dollars for a sled or bike. 30-40 thousand for a truck. Avy Bag,Beacon, Shovel,Probe, RADIO. It's all just part of playing and staying as safe as possible.
I ride a bike now and if I had to choose which I don't. I would take my radio over my beacon. 🙈

whisper creek log home

Reaction score
Website
www.wclh.com
Anyone running a palm mic with their Rhinos? (like the BCAs?) If so, what kind and where did you get them? Me and my dad just put them in our packs so the couple time we have got split up we have to wait/hope that the other is stopped and got it out of their pack.

ebay garmin mic . they work good

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All the more reason for riding with small group - 3- 5 riders is great! PITA to ride with more as you are always waiting on someone or trying to keep track of everyone.

Top Bottom