Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You might be pushing the wrong button

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I logged in the interior of BC for years and the Lad channels are the only ones I have on that list.
And I add channels whenever I can.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone have any reviews on the Cobra MR F80B (vhf) radio, was looking at picking one up, but would like some reviews first. also do they all come with external antenas or can u get it as an add on........? and why are all the ones that im looking at "marine" radios, do they still work ?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
These are the channels i mostly use. I run a vertex radio truck mount and also have vertex handhelds to take on the sled. I know from most areas around revy on kicking horse you can drum up a logger on a handheld radio to get you help if needed.
kickinghorse 153.320 used around golden and revy
co-op north 157.320 used in north schuswap country mostly
co-op south 162.840 i have seen this used around revy
pope and talbot 1 154.655 used around trout lake
pope and talbot 156.24 also around trout lake
lad 1 154.100 good for hiway comunication with truckers
revy rcmp 139.565 for listening purpose only

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and why are all the ones that im looking at "marine" radios, do they still work ?

As far as I know, marine radios do not have any frequencies that overlap land radios. Marine radios aren't normally programmed either, as they follow an international standard. (example, channel 16 is always coast guard). Marine radios are really nice because of this standardization (why can't MoF and/or IC do this for road radios?)

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule (legal or otherwise), but for a road radio, you don't want a marine radio.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you are only allowed so many watts of power maybe that is why the marine radios and the land radios differ?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I think you are only allowed so many watts of power maybe that is why the marine radios and the land radios differ?

Marine is normally less wattage. 1 to 25 watts. The radios we use in the field are either 25 or 50 watt. On the military base we need 50watts to talk to anyone...

As VHF is considered 'line of sight' you need less wattage on the water...

Top Bottom