rad overheating

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Told you that cheap beer will make you doo thinks you shouldn't and ask what you should

maybe i should contact the kokanee beer co. and tell them i have the ranger in the shop out back. and they can see him if they bring refreshments and the kokanee snow bunnies. i may need some help, anyone want to help imdoo'n with the snobunnies and truck load of kokanee's

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Larry. I use the rad washing wand I purchased. It's about 2 1/2 feet long. 1/4 inch tubing and sprays out the side on the end. Works great and slides along the rad.

I use it every trip.

Gets into the corners no problem.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Larry. I use the rad washing wand I purchased. It's about 2 1/2 feet long. 1/4 inch tubing and sprays out the side on the end. Works great and slides along the rad.

I use it every trip.

Gets into the corners no problem.

???? did you get it from the proctologist heehee, just kidding ray. will have to take a look at it. the rad washer works but there is just nowhere to get it into the rad, what with the fan shrouds etc.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
???? did you get it from the proctologist heehee, just kidding ray. will have to take a look at it. the rad washer works but there is just nowhere to get it into the rad, what with the fan shrouds etc.

Yes the doc sells them too.

When I get home I will e mail you a picture

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just do a rad relocate, and be done with overheating.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Relocates are ugly and on the Ranger wherever you put it will likely make the ride for YOU more uncomfortable. I'm with Kwik (and your original idea)....keep it clean. If you have to move/modify some plastic so it's easier to clean, do 'er.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Relocates are ugly and on the Ranger wherever you put it will likely make the ride for YOU more uncomfortable. I'm with Kwik (and your original idea)....keep it clean. If you have to move/modify some plastic so it's easier to clean, do 'er.

think your right dave, all i really need is a few access points to the front of the rad to flush the mud out. not a real fan of the rad behind a guys head. gawd dave had a real good ride this weekend, not much the ol beast won't go through, had to winch a coupe times, but had a great ride.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why does the rad relocate HAVE to go behind your head?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems to be where i see it the most, could almost go anywhere.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because if it's in front of your head you can't see and if it's to the side, you lose a door. If you put it in the box, you lose your cargo space.

And no room for the margarita maker.

Dave is right.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure if there is a mount made for the SxS yet ray, but i'm thinking we could fab something up. with an inverter we could be having some major short rides. and have to call in a designated driver.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...be as bad as Pecos' martinis.....

probably, but pecos is experienced and and pours his drinks, two fingers from the top. then a splash of mix. hehe.

thinking i'd be snoozin on the trail

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so decided on making a few rad access holes in the plastic grill to allow the hose from my rad cleaner to gain access. put 3 in the top center and bottom, the bottom grill came off when i went to drill the bottom holes. wtf. so have way easieraccess to the rad. and cleaning mud off should be much easier. should have been there from the factory. looks like the thermostat opens at near 97 degrees c and closes at 89 degrees. last weekend the temp was close to 115-117 c. and went to limp mode. shut it down to cool and ran the fan, would get a mile or so and start all over again.
also found the temp would rise quicker in 4x4, than in 2 x4. but with the rad plugged with mud it didn't take long to overheat. will try the access holes and see what happens on the trail.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
tailgator-blender-in-carrying-3861.jpg
Just get a two stroke blender-no need for an inverter.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sell your new GPS and buy coolant. You can just follow your trail out when you get lost :)

Top Bottom