can am 650 issues...

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok..so we are assuming that the rad is clean.... if that is not the case, then that has to be the first thing to do... one note thou... if you take your time and clean the rad good every time.. taking the fan off the rad is actually not needed.. in 6 1/2 years I have never taken my fan off my can-am to clean behind there... I take my rad fan out once a year when winter hits and very little crap comes out because of the good washings... if you leave it, it gets built up and then it won't come out anymore and a good out of quad cleaning is probably required.............. same as your clutches.. if kept clean then regular blow outs of the belt dust and other crap is all you need.. but let it build up and full disassemble is going to be required to clean properly. These quads we drive need lots of TLC cause if you don't then you will be not a happy camper...

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check the thermostat. It could be stuck I know grizzlys had that issue once they got hot the t-stat would stick closed. Or take it out completely and try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you warm it up from being cold with the cap open.. you will be able to tell if the thermostat is opening... the fluid will cycle and it will start pouring out the top..

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can-am thermostats open at 159 F the fan comes on at 208 F the bike overheat light comes on at 239 and the bike goes into actually limp mode at 245 F .

Top Bottom