What's the best BB 4WD for me?

hpjunkie

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Girls- Looking for a new/second quad & will keep current one for the family. Currently have a '08 450 Kingquad. This was my first 4wd & only bought this size because my main riding group was all on 450-500 units. Quad was ungraded with a VDI, clutch machining, lighter weights, & 26 Zilla's. I've had no issues with the unit in 2000+km. Not sure if I should just grab a 750 King & set up similarly with clutch machinging, VDI, M109 and call it good as I like the ride/handling of the chassis. Or step it up to a Can Am. I don't do a lot of mud riding, lots of trails & roads. Not a snorkel guy for sure. Another unit I was looking at was the 650 XT, as stock it has +10hp on the King & Brute. Then. when you are there, might as well buy the 800R. On the XT's I think a rad relocate would be a must, as I've seen these things go into limp mode a lot. (possibly due to lazy owners who don't clean rads often.) Losing the majority of the front rack would be a none issue. Feel free to chime in with your .02! Thx in advance!

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a Canam they are bulletproof and have way more power than any other brand

Sent from my S4

captaincool

Reaction score
Bulletproof? I've never owned one but I know some who have and bulletproof isn't the description they usually use. They have amazing power and they aren't terrible but they have some issues for sure. In my opinion they are probably the best of the North American quads. When I hear bulletproof it's usually from the yamaha and honda guys. They aren't the fastest or most powerful but they are super reliable. Then again a lawn tractor is pretty reliable too but not a lot of fun to ride.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, the yammies are fun machines too. ...just can't win any road races. A machined clutch in those makes 'em pretty snappy unless you wanna turn 30's. Then forget it and go CanAm.

Top Bottom