Renegade Rebuild and Review 2007 model

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about buying a renegade, but after reading this post... I'm not sure!

if you saw thw way this unit get s rode you would buy a renagade. lol
Ron should probably one of those guys that tests a unit then puts out a review on its overall performance. I am sure that anybody that purchased a machine with a thumbs up review that they would get years of trouble free use out of their machine.:d

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it has been ridden hard, but I have heard of the frame braking on these before as well. Surprized can-am didn't beef up the frame on the newer ones... or maybe they did?

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Also I changed all the fluids, firstly the engine, I let it run for a few minutes and then drained the oil. I jacked it on its side a bit to assist on getting the dirte oil all out of the engine and when taking off the filter oil just runs down the engine and I was able to put a rag beneath to catch all the oil. With the Transmission, when taking out the bottom plug the oil was milky a bit, so I drained it. Then put the cap on. Filled it with some regular cheap oil. pushed the quad forward and back, then drained that too. Then I put the recommended oil in, Skidoo XPS chain case oil, 1 1/2 bottles. And in the engine I ran Amsoil Formula 4-Stroke 0-W 40 Synthetic Motor Oil. Just over 2 - 3/8 Litres
To put the oil in the transmission I just rigged up a funnel and hose rather than waiting and did something else, that seemed to work well.

Amsoil 40 ATV

once you've changed all the fliuds once on the renegade, it takes me under a hr no problem to change the rear/front diff,engine,tranny oils.

its good to put syn in the tranny... it likes that a lot and shifts with ease

Top Bottom