Quiet weekend in Valemount, what gives?

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty quiet Saturday in Allen and deserted Sunday in Clemina. Only us and the Varda boys Sunday. Can't believe all this great snow isn't being ridden more. Better for us I guess. The economy ain't that bad!!! Thanks to Curtis and Dwayne for Sunday

Picture099.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Gonna take a while, we have 300+ pics, LOL

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty quiet Saturday in Allen and deserted Sunday in Clemina. Only us and the Varda boys Sunday. Can't believe all this great snow isn't being ridden more. Better for us I guess. The economy ain't that bad!!!
tell that to the thousands of people out of work this winter.....and the people in Valemount that rely on the sledders for their income. just sayin'....

nice pics tho...hope to find some fresh at the end of the month.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just saying that I am shocked that it's so deserted. Yes, there is a slowdown in the economy but I can't see that as the reason for it being so quiet. I am in the powersport business, we are not as busy as normal either. We make less trips, but we still make some. Seems like people just aren't in the mood to go out??

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was just saying that I am shocked that it's so deserted. Yes, there is a slowdown in the economy but I can't see that as the reason for it being so quiet. I am in the powersport business, we are not as busy as normal either. We make less trips, but we still make some. Seems like people just aren't in the mood to go out??
I think a combination of cash flow, and the crappy roads in most of AB this weekend might have had a lot to do with it.

don't think for a second I'm not jealous as hell of your pics, I would have been tickled pink to hit all that fresh snow!! will be making my 3rd trip out there this season on the 27th, most I've ever been to Valemount in one year. we usually hit the Chetwynd area quite a bit, only been there for 2 trips this year. Avy danger, and then lack of fresh snow out there are the main reasons for not going more. oh, and the unemployment thing....:(

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks SLY boys

Man, i sure make those sleds look good.........lol;)

All kidding asside, those nytros were the best riding four bangers i have ever thrown a leg over. Engaged like a stock sled, boondocked like my rev and power for days. Thank you for the opportunity to try em out, they dont come around often and we appreciate it:beer: I highly recomend the slave lake crew if yur looking for a well setup, pull and go sled.

Wouldnt the host team look good on a couple of those ?:d:confused::(

See you next weekend

I'vegotthenutz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it seemed a little weird, we were the only ones having breakfast at the great escape on sunday morning when we were there...

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the gov should close a few more areas for the caribou that will help.There was only four other guys beside our group in the holy grail on saturday and looked like only a few in big blue and paradise

Spanky

Reaction score
Riding was good at home for a change. Ditch banging from home and lake running is just as fun with the new snow fall. The wind made for some nice drifts to pound. Just make sure you have your sled insured & registered. Ran into Peace Officer west of Stony Plain. We all had insurance but I let my registration Expire along with the other 5 guys with me. Got away with a warning. Can't run around like we used to now that the Peace Officer's have such a bigger presence.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the gov should close a few more areas for the caribou that will help.There was only four other guys beside our group in the holy grail on saturday and looked like only a few in big blue and paradise

you must be kidding,that dead yeeeee haaaa,headed there on wendsday mornin.How was the snow,must have been blue for ya.I'll be hittin big blue and holy grail for sure.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think i seen your dad on sunday at the Fowlers place.

well ill be there the 20 21 22

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks SLY boys

Man, i sure make those sleds look good.........lol;)

All kidding asside, those nytros were the best riding four bangers i have ever thrown a leg over. Engaged like a stock sled, boondocked like my rev and power for days. Thank you for the opportunity to try em out, they dont come around often and we appreciate it:beer: I highly recomend the slave lake crew if yur looking for a well setup, pull and go sled.

Wouldnt the host team look good on a couple of those ?:d:confused::(

See you next weekend

its too bad i never ended up going.. Saturday left me whit a few bruises.

the only time i seen you guys was when McSquish and i were stuck in the tree wells.. while you observed from a little distance lol:d

hopfully see you guys soon!

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mark 2 more down for Clamina on Sunday. (Black 09 Summit + 08 Rental Summit) I was as surprised as you about the deserted parking lots. Chappel was the busiest of our Fri-Mon trip this past weekend. (about 6-8 trucks in the parking lot) Me and my buddy had a great time all weekend with 1-2.5' of snow and sunny skys in chappel, clamina, and holy grail. It wasn't just this weekend with low numbers.. it's been all year long. 8-10 trucks in a parking lot at one time is the most i've seen in my 11 days this year. It's nice to not have a hill tracked up a day after a good snow fall but it's a lot more comforting to have a dozen or so others on mountain in case of an emergency.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode allen on saturday blew moter in turbo yami went back sunday with chopper and buddy blew moter in 07 rev came back monday towed sled out all in all snow was decent weather was good. thanx to the local guys who lent us there crazy carpet

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we are having the perfect storm in causing reduced rider numbers.

Number 1 We have had a very bad avy season this year.

Nunber 2. Believe it or not some areas have not had good snow conditions.

Number 3. This economy could be making alot of riders put the toys
in the back corner of the shed or garage this season.

We have been riding alot closer to home this year much cheaper and safer.

Britt

Top Bottom