Battenfelder atv rodeo may 31 - june 1

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know its early but if your the competitive type then come join us at the rodeo... here is a write up by Don Battenfelder on the event this May/June....

This post is fairly early as the Rodeo doesn't take place until May 31st & June 1st weekend. We're trying to generate some excitement early in hopes of maybe having some teams and/or single riders put it into their 2014 schedule and come give us a visit. I believe most of you know what we're about but if not I'll try to explain it a bit here. There is also a lot of posts on You Tube as well as on our Website, Battenfelderatvrodeo.com.

We're very lucky to have a land owner that turns almost 100% of the entries into making the event better through track and fairground improvements and equipment. In the last couple of years we've added drag lights and hope to have a permanent sand based drag track this spring (maybe not until fall).

Saturday we hold a 3 event rodeo that pits 3 teams head to head and each team runs each event twice. 2 of the events require good teamwork from all 4 members and can be won by stock, albeit big machines. The 3rd event pits 3 riders head to head on a cross country course that starts and ends with mud pits.

Sunday we hold 300' drag races. Over the years we've developed a good rivalry with the Kawasaki group and their very strong KVFs. We are hoping the one of them gets his 400lb 1150 done for the spring event. Can Am currently holds the King of the Drag title but it has a tendency to bounce back and forth every year. We don't have a full unlimited class but the King of the Drag has collected a good group of monsters. With a little luck we are hoping to lure Jeff Ross up for the Sunday drags, see if we can turn it into a Canada vs US thing
smile.png

We've been holding this event for almost 15 years when Polaris Trail Bosses and Honda Foremans were king.

Because we are only an hour from Edmonton, which is where Get Torqed resides, the predominant machine is now Can Am and not many stock ones. This event will feature every kind of big bore, stroker, turbo, Nos burning bike you can imagine. It may be the premier event for hotrod Can Ams anywhere and I expect the new Polarises to come up to speed quickly..

I will miss a few but some of the members on this site who have ridden in the event are Go Hard, CKMoose, Rene 1, Kwik, bullmoose, mgram, carney, yvesterbrown, climbin, to name a few.

If you need any information please feel free to PM me or reply to this post. Don't discount it just because it's in Canada, mapquest it and maybe the drive isn't as bad as you think. (Canadian dollar is at 94cents)

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently I am looking for 2 or 3 new members for our team... one of our guys has moved, I believe and one of our riders has come up with heath issiues ...

so I am looking... know its early but if your thinking about it pm me...

SummitX509

Reaction score
Currently I am looking for 2 or 3 new members for our team... one of our guys has moved, I believe and one of our riders has come up with heath issiues ...

so I am looking... know its early but if your thinking about it pm me...

What does it take to become part of your team? My friend and I are interested.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kwik, I think you should consider renaming your team to "Gravity Sucks"

Ruko

Reaction score
This sounds interesting... is there sport quad drag racing or is this a 4x4 only event?? Would love to bring the Banshee out for some sand drags. :cool:

climbin

Reaction score
This sounds interesting... is there sport quad drag racing or is this a 4x4 only event?? Would love to bring the Banshee out for some sand drags. :cool:
There is drag racing for all types of atvs including 2 wheelers and sxs. The event to date is predominantly 4x4 but we are starting to get a good helping of sport machines out on Sunday. We've had some stroker Banshees out and they're definately competitive.

catman1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where does this take place ?? Is there lots of room for guys to show up with travel trailers ?

Top Bottom