Quickbooks changes, time to change software

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
So I been with QuickBooks for years, been paying a monthly fee of $36.75 now I see it went up to $40.00 per month. They are dropping support for desktop software and want you to be online through your browser only. My current plan was paid for till May 4, 2021 at $40, then I downgraded on line to the $20 per month plan as I didnt need the features for the $40 plan. So when I downgraded I lost the custom invoice feature, so I had to go back and upgrade to the $40 plan. So I did not receive a credit for the downgrade, thought no big deal its a week in a half, but about 15 minutes later I had a $6.80 charge on my visa. So I go on the help line to discuss and they cant give me a credit till I see it on my statement. Well they got an authorization number and the money was pulled off by visa but cant refund it for a week an a half. So as the money a small amount I don't care, they took money from me, and I want it back. But now I have to get on the phone and spend 15 to 30 minutes screwing around for $6.80. Its worse If I call my visa. How many people do they just take funds from and never return. What a racket. Also I will be going to a new software as I don't want to do all my accounting on line. I have a merchant account, I can refund a customer right after they make a transaction, this is just BS.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'll do it the way they tell you to, and pay whatever they say.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep - all of the software vendors want to get you into a monthly/ annual plan ...some make sense but others don't. I prefer desktop installation for some things (like QB) but others make great a great case for Sas ...our reservation system is online and for $50/month is great value to us. Same with office 365 - very price competitive esp considering for $125 / year I can have 5 accounts running it on multiple systems each plus 1Tb storage for each account.

Some services add up very quickly / upsell / tack on usage fees - I try to avoid those. Others keep control over your data if make if difficult to migrate - another reason to avoid.

Top Bottom