Question about Log Truck Drivers.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know this much, if I could make it to work at 7am and get all the trucks loaded and deal with crew, repairs and production sign me up.
Sadly this is how it works, up at 2am and home at 6.
loggers are one of a kind for sure, we survive the worst conditions and adapt to a unruly lifestyle.
Very good info in your post stomping Tom.

you know the thing is I really like going to work at 2am, its the best time of day, quiet, little for distractions, far less idiots on the road. What I dont like is going to bed at 6 pm so I can leave at 2am, thats the part that sucks.

I know in the past on this forum I have gotten into some pretty heated arguments with guys that love to have illegal headlights, lightbars, liftkits and sleddecks with out properly adjusting headlights. Were out there in the dark for many hours, often driving in adverse conditions with big loads on, and you come around a corner and there is Johnny Hero with his lifted truck with LED headlights and fog lights strait in your eyes. Blinds the hell out of you and I really like the response "just look away" or "close your eyes for a few seconds". Yeah. OK.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0573.jpg

a few pictures those outside the industry may never see

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0707.jpg

usually get at least one pet on the blocks, fox at night and crows eating out of your hand during the day

Attachments

• IMG_0705.jpg
    IMG_0705.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 200

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I’ve never ridden in a log truck. Wish I could some time. But I don’t get up at 2:00 am lol

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
throughout the central interior of BC, put a pin in Prince George and any of these pictures could have come from about a 250 km radius.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No sleeping in for the loaderman though lol

Thats a tuff job. A skilled loaderman with good leadership can make all the difference in the world. But as you noticed, they are the first in the bush and last to go home. Leaving the house around midnight is pretty common for them. Stress and burn out are big problems.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a tuff job. A skilled loaderman with good leadership can make all the difference in the world. But as you noticed, they are the first in the bush and last to go home. Leaving the house around midnight is pretty common for them. Stress and burn out are big problems.

Yep, especially when you need to plow your own road because the grader didn’t show lol.

Hoehand79

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
throughout the central interior of BC, put a pin in Prince George and any of these pictures could have come from about a 250 km radius.
I'm from quesnel...I worked in pg all summer probably passed you going to bear lake everyday

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know the thing is I really like going to work at 2am, its the best time of day, quiet, little for distractions, far less idiots on the road. What I dont like is going to bed at 6 pm so I can leave at 2am, thats the part that sucks.

I know in the past on this forum I have gotten into some pretty heated arguments with guys that love to have illegal headlights, lightbars, liftkits and sleddecks with out properly adjusting headlights. Were out there in the dark for many hours, often driving in adverse conditions with big loads on, and you come around a corner and there is Johnny Hero with his lifted truck with LED headlights and fog lights strait in your eyes. Blinds the hell out of you and I really like the response "just look away" or "close your eyes for a few seconds". Yeah. OK.

I feel the same way, I like 2am as well. Yes it’s the going to bed that’s the killer. Everyone is living there life and I’m off to bed. Winters not to bad, summer is the worst (daylight).
This past summer I was traveling 1:30hr to work but coming home in rush hour can add 1/2- 45min hour or more. Real killer at the end of a day.
love the pictures. Spent a little time up your way in the late 80s and 90s. Bowron river road and up to omineca / mesalinka camps in the Williston lake area.
lots of action all times of the day...it’s a logging Vegas lol.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I grew up in logging blocks, riding around in my dad's 966c while he loaded logs. When I got big enough I had to pack jugs for the buckermen and fallers and hook chokers for the skidder. When I finished high school I wasn't allowed to go into forestry, late 90s things weren't great around here curtisy of a NDP government, so I went to the patch. Successfully worked my way up from roughneck to consultant in a very short amount of time. Now gone back to forestry and back to my roots sort of speak.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone haul into Merritt

Top Bottom