Question about Log Truck Drivers.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've done some ride alongs with friends over the years and i'm certainly not crazy enough to drive one in the winter on some of the roads we were on. " undo your seatbelt and leave the door cracked open in case we have to jump" is not a good feeling lol
There has been two log truck rollovers north of Kamloops in the past week

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I've done some ride alongs with friends over the years and i'm certainly not crazy enough to drive one in the winter on some of the roads we were on. " undo your seatbelt and leave the door cracked open in case we have to jump" is not a good feeling lol
There has been two log truck rollovers north of Kamloops in the past week
I've said to swampers;"Now is not a good time to sleep. If you look over and I'm gone,It's probably too late."

Rig moving, but same kinda steep mountain roads with heavy loads.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jumping has never crossed my mind. If it's that dangerous you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Junping is highly NOT recommended. The chances of you getting hit my your own truck if you jump are very high. It is more of a term used to scare your passengers or your buddies, but frankly, almost no logging truck driver will consider jumping unless its a very special circumstance, ie VERY steep bank on the passanger side.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_0148.jpg

the carnage continues

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rates are up big time from the lows they hit in 08/09. The mills are trying to line their pockets over this super cycle after years and years of lean operating and barely breaking even, then on top of that spending $100's of millions on facility capital. Fibre is hugely constrained right now and is also at record or near record prices which drives up stumpage rates so while prices are great right now costs are up as well. Rates will continue to rise and the fibre constraints can work in the contractors favour as so many mills are trying to rebuild inventory and are more concerned with that than cost.

This is all true and yes the mills are trying to rebuild their war chests. Other factors to be considered are the price of fuel driving up costs for mills and loggers, as well as the tarrifs.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy back read, been away....

Yes Mickey I was thinking pounds and didn't do any math. 82000 Kg's is a lot of weight. I'm in awe even if it is off highway.

Farmers get hit just as hard at the scales and only the small two bit farmers run junk equipment anymore. The big guys can't be bothered with the crap.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another successful day coming down the mountain. Been struggling with this one hill coming out of the block for the last month. One other guy uses two sets coming and going, I finally put the big boy pants on and said eff it and went bare foot. Smooth sailing now.

Until it warms up that is lol

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another successful day coming down the mountain. Been struggling with this one hill coming out of the block for the last month. One other guy uses two sets coming and going, I finally put the big boy pants on and said eff it and went bare foot. Smooth sailing now.

Until it warms up that is lol

Cowboy Up!! Big boy pants only last for so long is the way I see it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get on the highway, crank it up, I dont give a damn then.[/QUOTE]

**** that, get on the highway and pay attention!
If you are going to kill yourself do it on the logging
Road not the public highway doing a 140 like a **** in prick. ..

Top Bottom