Quad Warranty Repairs

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
What exactly is a warranty if the line up to repair is long. My front diff cratered on Saturday on my 800 Renegade, Called the dealer this morning. :eek::eek: 1 1-2 to 2 months before they can even look at it. I asked for the parts and no warranty if I do that, I would have to do that myself. Now I know its all busy but quaddings 1/2 over by the time I get it back. As I bought it at this dealer, they would treat me better and when calling other dealers the first question they asked me, "did I purchase it from them". I decided to call a dealer a little further from town and see what they have to say, just waiting for a call back now. If I cant get any assistance there then I guess I will just buy the part myself and fix and screw the warranty. As the quad and sled sales continue to increase there will be always be a long wait for repairs.

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what you are going throught i payed for extra warrenty when i would get in it would be a couple of weeks things were not fixed right so i ordered a manual and do the repairs myself can get parts it seem like 1/2 the time every dealer is the same around here they sure like to sell you there product but dont have the manpower or the parts to get you going right away

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
What exactly is a warranty if the line up to repair is long. My front diff cratered on Saturday on my 800 Renegade, Called the dealer this morning. :eek::eek: 1 1-2 to 2 months before they can even look at it. I asked for the parts and no warranty if I do that, I would have to do that myself. Now I know its all busy but quaddings 1/2 over by the time I get it back. As I bought it at this dealer, they would treat me better and when calling other dealers the first question they asked me, "did I purchase it from them". I decided to call a dealer a little further from town and see what they have to say, just waiting for a call back now. If I cant get any assistance there then I guess I will just buy the part myself and fix and screw the warranty. As the quad and sled sales continue to increase there will be always be a long wait for repairs.

which dealership? i may be able to make a call for you. sometimes when you speak to the right people things happen.;) if you want give me a shout at 554-2018. names adam.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I spoke to Darryl at Gibbons Motor Toys and he will look after me, I will be dropping my quad off there tomorrow morning.
Ric- The front differential cratered, the 4wd works once in a while only on the left wheel. And its banging and making lots of weird noises on the front diff only. Mabie its time to swich to the small town dealers.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Small town guys are more willing to help, they don't get the traffic that the large town guys do. Just like the small shops (read "Sherwood Park Certigard") often take much better care of you then the big shops to (read "Ford Dealer").

perry27

Reaction score
my motor went on mine 600k took it in to the dealer in the small town i got it from, been there 1 week expecting it back before may long.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small town guys are more willing to help, they don't get the traffic that the large town guys do.

Yeah but sometimes you still find them small town dealerships that have that "out the door service and warranty".....:(

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Dropped the quad off with Darrel at Gibbons Motor toys. The front axle on the right side of the quad when your sitting on it was broken, guess I got to pay for that :(. We noticed my water pump was leaking, so need a new one, warranty, and they are installing a clutch kit that will work better with the big tires, a ricochet skid plate package, and doing the 100hr service, which may find some more things. He will try to get this done by Friday, but no promises. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

brianwmcdonald

Reaction score
Good choice going with the ricochet skids Ron, I just put a set on my Rubicon and I am impressed, awesome quality and a good price to match.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its just a bad time for this kind of thing right now.
same as any other year. 2-3weeks before maylong everyone wants there ATV's serviced ect.

i did that last year. and never again this year i took it out for a pre ride 1month ahead to check for broken stuff. and then parked er till this weekend to make sure it was ready.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rknight111... I feel for ya... Sometimes the Dealer waiting list is too much to bare :realmad: Last year I had a seal let go in the rear diff on my '02 Cat. Argyl Motorsports Edmonton quoted me $600.00 minimum to pull the diff and replace the seals etc labour included, no parts. I bought the seals ($14.00 total) and spent 6 hours in my shop doing my own repairs... 300 miles later and not a single drop of gear oil has leaked it's way out :D Sometime ya just gotta do it yourself if you want to keep riding instead of waiting :confused: I saved myself $586.00 plus tax and got a real good education at the same time.

Attachments

• 2008_0118Butshot500i0011.jpg
    2008_0118Butshot500i0011.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom