Putting 27" Silverbacks on my outlander

jaredvh

Reaction score
I got a smokin' deal on a set of 27" Silverbacks for my 2009 Outlander. Now I need a set of 12" wheels to go with them... Is a 5+2 offset going to be enough or should I be going with a 4+3?

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have two friends that run this set up. They are running stock rims still. Both used 3 or 4 washers per lug on front rims to gain clearance. Then ground down the little rubber ribs on inner tire to clear the tie rod. There gofast89, and RT Ryder if you have questions.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have two friends that run this set up. They are running stock rims still. Both used 3 or 4 washers per lug on front rims to gain clearance. Then ground down the little rubber ribs on inner tire to clear the tie rod. There gofast89, and RT Ryder if you have questions.

That's necessary for 27" tires?

jaredvh

Reaction score
I guess I could have added that they're 27x10x12's going on the front. To clear the tie rods you need offset. So far from any info I could find online any 5+2 will give me enough offset to clear them, can anybody confirm this? I love the look of a wide stance quad but without power steering it could be quite the task to keep the handle bars under control.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With 3 washers its about 1/4", so with that offset you should be fine. Normal 27" tires would clear fine, the silverbacks have a very agressive side lug which creates problems.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted mt 28" silverbacks on my new quad and they fit perfectly. The rims are the same that are on the xmr but were on there when I got the quad, so I dont know what backspacing they are. Blar put the same size outlaws on his and I think he needed one inch spacers with the factory rims if that helps.

extreme

Reaction score
tri a dealer for wheel spacers and then you can run your stock rims thats what i did and i have 27-12-12 front and back

Top Bottom