Putting 154 in a 146

ANDY SAIGER

Reaction score
I picked up a skid and track off a smashed 154 for cheap. Gonna try it out to see if I like the longer track. My question is. Do I need a tunnel extension and has anyone on here ever done this?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a skid and track off a smashed 154 for cheap. Gonna try it out to see if I like the longer track. My question is. Do I need a tunnel extension and has anyone on here ever done this?

Yes you will want some sort of tunnel extension to get the snow flap out past the rear of the track to keep sled cooling.

A 154 tunnel is just about 4" longer than a 146. Its one more rivet length on the cooler.

If you are putting an 08/09 skid into the same year sled, no issues. If you are putting a newer skid into an 08/09 sled, make sure you use the longer front shock that matches the newer skid. Same goes for puttin a 08/09 skid into a 2010, you would have to use the 08/09 shock, not the 2010 (unless you can get relocate brackets)

Could you run the 154 skid in the 146 without a flap? Sure, but you would most likely have coolin issues on any trail portions.

VanAmburg has the nicest tunnel extensions, and for a reasonable price compared to the pieces of tin you get elsewhere. Or you could fab your own. Then you would just have to reuse your current snowflap/light combo by lengthing the wiring.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what else was left on the smashed up sled?

Top Bottom