Provincal Park Riding

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Wanted to ask if anyone knows the rules on where we can ride. I have been going over to MeadowLake Provincal Park for the last couple of years and campng quading in the area. This past wknd I was told it is now a $2000 fine for riding in the park??? Never got to see the Park Rangers but was told this from other campers. Is there a place to get the rules on where we can ride?

Maybe time to find new camping areas where I can take the kids out on rides. Anyone know of good areas in the Cold Lake area?

Thanks, Culvert

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Hmmm can't see them doing that considering they just opened that leg of the Trans Canada Trail though there. I was at the opening day. They had a big due for it lots of sleds. Sledded from the town Meadow Lake through Dorintosh through the park and to Cold Lake and back......That was a full day :D
I think some campers were on a personal vendetta to keep quad traffic down.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We were in bruderheim the other day and 2 rangers from Bonnyville were patrolling the area. We were discussing the riding area's up aroung Cold Lake and they said they had quite a few, and good ones too. You could contact them and they would tell you good ones where there legal and answer your questions about the park as well. They had a map and were showing us alot of the locations, and were quite helpfull.

RON

burgewx

Reaction score
there r a few area's to ride around cold lake
have u tried
1 - behind the air base
2 - crane lake
3 - tucker lake
4 - snow duster trails to cabins north of bonnyville hwy 660
5 - snow duster trail along south east side of murghy hwy
6 - may lake ( watching closley)
we usely camp/ride @ tucker lake ( random camping , lots of riding )
ther r rangersin the area, but in u r reqistered & insured u have no problems

have fun - tell us where u ride around cold lake
we travel to brule once a year & usually attend a few rallies
:D

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Burgewx-- I've been here on base for 16yrs so know all the areas you are talking about. Only been out on the quad a couple of time. All of my riding is on sled. Just trying to find an area to camp and get away from the locals that I see and have to work with all the time.
Think I'll give Meadow Lake another try and see if I can track down the rangers.

Top Bottom